What's new

Accounts & Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you could, I've not seen any good reason why this is even an idea worth considering.
They've been offered.

Like I said, they're not going to please everyone. Some people are going to want the advantage to run multiple accounts at once, regardless of what it does to the game mechanics.

I agree with Bradley.
I understand as admins what your trying to do.
The odd person will go through the hussle of VPN's, if so, well upto them.
But placing 3 accounts and 5 slots, is a pain imho. I would place one account and just 3 toons, and use gold sink for extra 3 slots.
I have just seen UO Outlands as a fresh start to have fun and enjoy the game. I hate as a none macro person having a disadvantage towards macro crazy players/programmers all the time, it is boring as hell and games like this end up with the same community--> very small and no need to search for other players help, which encourages the community to play together. I macro to apply a bandage faster....but scripting the hell out of it is what i hate, it is kinda boring imho.
either way as Mercury mentioned, nothing UO Outlands can change--> not true!
Mercury dont you find it better when you play a game and have to co-ordinate attacks etc.... and not just one man army everything solo, i love playing mmo to play with persons online, i.e. the community.
If i would have 3 accounts and 18 slots for toons/characters, i would just basically create my own UO server and play alone.

im not creating a hatred post etc... i just would like a debate to see diff of opinion before server is launched, to see what type of community i am willing to spend hours with, before i make my mind of investing hours.

I agree with Bradley.
I understand as admins what your trying to do.
The odd person will go through the hussle of VPN's, if so, well upto them.
But placing 3 accounts and 5 slots, is a pain imho. I would place one account and just 3 toons, and use gold sink for extra 3 slots.
I have just seen UO Outlands as a fresh start to have fun and enjoy the game. I hate as a none macro person having a disadvantage towards macro crazy players/programmers all the time, it is boring as hell and games like this end up with the same community--> very small and no need to search for other players help, which encourages the community to play together. I macro to apply a bandage faster....but scripting the hell out of it is what i hate, it is kinda boring imho.
either way as Mercury mentioned, nothing UO Outlands can change--> not true!
Mercury dont you find it better when you play a game and have to co-ordinate attacks etc.... and not just one man army everything solo, i love playing mmo to play with persons online, i.e. the community.
If i would have 3 accounts and 18 slots for toons/characters, i would just basically create my own UO server and play alone.

im not creating a hatred post etc... i just would like a debate to see diff of opinion before server is launched, to see what type of community i am willing to spend hours with, before i make my mind of investing hours.
This has been debated a million times - that's all I was saying. Owen is quite right if people want to circumvent the rules they will, so easy to VPN. As for the personal comments...I play with a guild...so not sure what the solo/18chars do everything comments are aimed at. I plan to trade, pvm, do tmaps etc...run a vendor house I suspect. I used to be a diehard solo PK (and not a very good one either).

Owyn

Administrator
Staff member
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.