What's new

ASG Skill Buff Trainer

Greetings all,

I wanted to share an Active Skill Gain trainer script I developed for our guild at launch. The ones I have seen use multiple scripts, calling each other; this is different, it is a _single_ script. Since development we've logged hundreds of hours running this, training up various skills across multiple accounts.

It should also be an example of how to sequence multiple actions in multiple locations - again, all in a single script.

[UOSTEAM]
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/g...ter/Skills/BuffTrainer_Magery_Flamestrike.txt

I've published versions for just about every skill, if you want to browse the root of my github repository, otherwise, this is a good example which is easily modified for any skill you wish to train.

Enjoy!
Jewele [Ozymandias]

Greetings all,

I wanted to share an Active Skill Gain trainer script I developed for our guild at launch. The ones I have seen use multiple scripts, calling each other; this is different, it is a _single_ script. Since development we've logged hundreds of hours running this, training up various skills across multiple accounts.

It should also be an example of how to sequence multiple actions in multiple locations - again, all in a single script.

[UOSTEAM]
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/g...ter/Skills/BuffTrainer_Magery_Flamestrike.txt

I've published versions for just about every skill, if you want to browse the root of my github repository, otherwise, this is a good example which is easily modified for any skill you wish to train.

Enjoy!
Jewele [Ozymandias]
Thanks for sharing!

I tried to access the root, but it didn't seem to be valid - is it possible the root hasn't had permissions set?

EDIT: Manually searching for your user in github allows me to view the root, nevermind!

Last edited:
this is a prime example of why we should either ban steam or get rid of this active skill gain bonus. Nice idea, worked for a few days, but now its just a hindrance to those that don't/don't want to script.

Also, pvp is a joke with the scripts
Sounds like you are using Razor. If I tried to play this game with that pile of crap I'd be bitter too.

Steam is a plague. Always has been.
If you want to play the game then please.... Play the frikin game. Script nonsense is exactly the opposite of the spirit of UO. Sadly half the "git gud nub" crowd who claim they want the hard core, no rules, what they claim is "real UO" are running steam scripts like mad and pretending they're awesome.... Sigh.
Anyways back on point. Steam should be a no go. Razor is bad enough but manageable. Everyone loves the quality of life aspects of both assistants, unfortunately as for now there's no way to keep those without also keeping the rampant over use of scripts in a game that was made to be clicked on and honestly is a funner experience that way.
What kind of gamer especially an "old school" one... At this point I'd dare even say "retro" would want a program playing the game for them? Not I.
Ok rant over :)

Good rant and I agree 100%. I'd love a purist client for sure, definitely caters to my play-style as well. But wishing and cursing won't change the fact that people are looking for scripts to automate skill training - and if I can help alleviate frustration by providing turn-key scripts, then I will help where I can. When they turn off UOSteam, I, too will be very happy.

Root is https://github.com/gmccord333/UOOutlands, you are welcome to poke around, copy, steal, etc. Attribution not required. Never intended to be an authoritative source for all things Outland script - but there is some stuff in there which might be worth a look. Anyone is also free to PM me on discord (Jewele) for script modification and help.

Don't get me wrong, scripts can have their place. I certainly don't have the same amount of time to dedicate to any game much less one as grinding as the original-renaissance UOs as I did 20 years ago. I feel safe to assume that most don't at least the veteran players.
That being said every skill can be macroed using Razor without the avenues of abuse that are open to Steam. Skill gain is far different than auto stealing, auto casting, auto looting and for some as far as auto pvp and auto farming that is possible to Steam.
If we must macro Razor does the job without the temptation of letting a script flat out play for you.

So I have had trouble getting some of these to work. I really just want a basic sparring macro for 2 melee chars. I tried https://github.com/gmccord333/UOOutlands/blob/master/Skills/BuffTrainer_Magery_WeaponA.txt and had my runes lables and set the training dummy, followed all instructions when starting the macro, but if I fizzle recall the char just stays at the bank and spams lightning... I really just wanted a basic script for 2 chars sparring hitting/healing each other. thanks for positing, not everyone know how to use steam even if someone else makes the macro!

The sparring macros have been fixed, the issue was adding a "walk" command to get you away from your training dummy since they might interrupt you. Please feel free to msg me directly for support and help - I am always on Discord and always willing to assist.

Thanks,
Jewele/Ozymandias

Reds can also use this inside their house - given you have a courtyard - when prompted for a banker, select a nearby chest. When prompted for bank bag, select bag in chest. Make sure chest bag has your regs.