What's new

Back Stab Discussion

traditionally true swords (not axes or polearms) and fencing
Ah, well since backstab damage scale with attack speed shouldn't matter too much and you get shield for more def with swords. Man if they fix it totally make pure damage no heal back stab bleed and poison build for the lol =X Probably not that great with all the set up time and danger but just sounds fun as hell lolol

Ah, well since backstab damage scale with attack speed shouldn't matter too much and you get shield for more def with swords. Man if they fix it totally make pure damage no heal back stab bleed and poison build for the lol =X Probably not that great with all the set up time and danger but just sounds fun as hell lolol

in uo usually no poison in those.. but I'd love it on bow! :)

Just chiming in that I made a char with....

Fencing (spear)
Hide
Stealth
Arms Lore
Healing
Anatomy
Tactics
Poison

Its fairly fun to hit something for 250-400 dmg but other then that the char totally sucks. If we could have the cool down of stealth lowered somehow that would be great. Also giving at least some of the bonuses associated with backstab such as greater poison chance would be nice for PVP.

I imagine if you wanted to make this a pvp ganker only build you could replace arms lore with tracking and have some success. Hard to balance backstab though I think.

Stealth is terrible in PvP, even for a ganker, in any scenario where you're even remotely matched by opponents in terms of numbers/builds. It's 200 points investment and it's virtually useless, outside of the novelty factor of surprising someone. What use is surprising someone, if you can't do much with the element of surprise. Unless they forego resist, in which scenario stealthers are getting toasted even easier in PvP, they can't hamstring, which means that more often than not a moderately skilled player can escape from stalthers even in 1v3/4 with relative ease. Imagine a party of 4 ganking a platemail dexxer in a dungeon: sick opening move sounds, 2 miss, 1 gets parried, the dexxer bandages himself and runs away. That's about it. Even against mage the result won't be much different.

I think they should buff it so GM doubles your accuracy, effectively guaranteeing your first hit, and keep the accuracy bonus in PvP. Even then, it will be bad in scenarios where the stealth party is matched evenly, but it makes it reasonably effective when a stealth party havs advantage in numbers -- mind you a scenario in which most gankers win already. I know "getting instagibbed isn't fun" but if you get four to five archers to sneak up on someone in leather armor, they deserve to be able to gib him. Keep in mind it's virtually impossible to gib someone with a weapon skill right now and a party of 8 stealthers loses 8v5, unless the 5 are newbies.

It's not happening though, since apparently everyone is so concerned about with how unfun getting killed instantly by a full party who've all invested 200 points each for stealth. Nevermind that you're still dead if you're chased by a full party, you just happen to see them before you die, and not at the moment of death ...

Still, I'm holding hope they'll increase the accuracy bonus for PvM at least, so I don't end up missing my sneak attack when I come out of it with my 200 point investment. Not sure if even that is likely, given how angsty most of the community gets whenever they hear about a stealth buff.