What's new

Backstab.. Question for administration.

its a wiki-page about Backstab
https://uooutlands.com/wiki/index.php?title=Stealth

• Damage bonus for Backstab attack ranges from +450% to +1000%, scaled based on weapon speed
  • Backstab damage is further scaled by (Stealth Skill / 100%)
Tactics, Anatomy, Camping etc. not bursting backstab damage???
Only weapon speed, Stealth skill, and weapon base damage?
I'm right?
Or 450%-1000% after all templates bonuses (base dmg + 25% camping bonus + 50% tactics dmg bonus +20% anatomy dmg bonus)*450%-1000%= ??
What a formula please.. i don't understand how its work.

i don't know what templates better, because i don't know how its working..

120 Lockpiking
120 Remove Traps
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Archery
60 Anatomy
60 Healing
40 Tactics
20 Magery

Or

120 Lockpiking
120 Remove Traps
120 Stealth
120 Archery
100 Hiding
60 Anatomy
60 Healing
20 Magery

Panik8

Journeyman
Well, for starters, you can't get 120 Archery. Combat skills cap at 100.

The Skill Summary provides more information than the wiki.

Tactics
  • Increases wrestling and weapon damage by (50% * (Tactics Skill / 100))
...I don't see any reason to believe Tactics' damage bonus wouldn't apply to Backstab attacks, but I'd also like a confirmation by staff as I never thought about testing a build without Tactics during the beta.

As for your template (and assuming Tactics does affect Backstabs), I'd just drop Anatomy + Healing (ie.: rely on Magery and potions for heals) and go with...

120 Lockpicking
120 Remove Trap
120 Stealth (Backstab damage is further scaled by (Stealth Skill / 100%); ie.: you'll do 20% more damage with Backstabs)
100 Hiding
100 Archery
100 Tactics
60 Magery (Minimum skill needed to cast spell is Spell Circle * 10; skill needed to cast spell with 100% success chance (no fizzling) is Minimum Skill Required + 20; ie.: you'll never fizzle 4th Circle with 60 Magery)

120 Lockpicking
120 Remove Trap
120 Stealth
100 Hiding
100 Archery
100 Tactics
60 Magery (but you can't use Heal Spell in Hide, and healing bandages - yes..)

I'm like it... But if tactics doen't give bonus to Backstab i want know about this before spending skill points for it..
Administration, where are you? Can we see the Formula of Backstab damage?

Panik8

Journeyman
(but you can't use Heal Spell in Hide, and healing bandages - yes..)
Using bandages will reveal you, although you can hide again right away before any mob has time to aggro. Same as with potions.

Either way, based on personal experience, in between Backstab hits and Hinder special attacks, you rarely need to heal as a Stealth Archer, unless you take on high-end monsters, in which case 60/60 Heal/Anat probably won't cut it either.

I would take paniks advice on this one. Healing and anatomy are too much of an investment in this template. 60 magery will give you the utility, heals and cures... in addition you could look to shave some points off hiding to raise magery if you want.
I agree that admin should be more transparent with mechanics like this, but even if tactics doesn't effect backstab, it still will help you pvm and pvp quite a bit. There will be times when you won't want to run, rehide, wait 10seconds to stealth... just to try to hit the monster again. Sometimes it will be a lot more convienent to just stand and shoot to finish the monster off... and while raising archery you will make a lot more gold killing mobs if you have tactics. So yea I would say tactics is a solid choice either way.

Otherwise if youre looking for a lockpicking stealther that can also pvm, I would go magery, spirit speak, 80 meditation (100 stealth).

Although I think the backstabbing archer one works much better thematically.

administration!!! ;) (there are dozens of posts here not each will get a personal reasonse during busy times)

tactics is easy to train. train stealth and get 50 archery. back stab at least 10x and note the damage (some 50% special spikes)

then raise tactics and test again.

Last edited:
Just ask Luthius, they are pretty transparent in all their formulas, just a matter of asking, because it's hard to get all teh information for every little question posted, and then re-done everytime there is a mechanic change.

Zeth,

Honestly at this point that stealth wiki mechanic has been there for quite some time without an update. They are pretty good about updating mechanics when it changes. If it doesn't specifically say it doesn't stack, then I would assume and test it out. I mean the sheer fact you can take any skill to practically to 70 from shelter island means at most your spending a "macro" day doing that skill.

You can also try their discord if you need an immediate answer but honestly, do what everyone else is doing and test it. They don't nor should they have to release game mechanics upon request really, if they wish to publish good for them, but if they don't you just gotta deal and test and build your min/max damage character.

-[Black Market]-