What's new

Bardcher

Thinking of making a Bard/Archer, and was wondering if my template is overdoing barding or not. Was going to try:
Music
Provo
Disco
Peace
Mage
Archery
Tactics
Anything with this template that isn't going to work out that I should know going in?

Provoking halves the damage of two mobs, so they struggle in killing each other quickly, and the spacing of a lot of mobs doesn't really make it all that useful as a 100 point skill. The template is really lacking some damage potential, I think most would swap out Provo, for tracking, so they can passively track for reds and escape, as well as get a 25% damage bonus, giving you additional damage sources from Disco (lowered skills), and Tracking/Tactics..

I'm more inclined to think if you drop magery, using a blessed runebook for travel, and potions to heal (they are peaced, you shouldn't take damage), that you could also add arms lore to disarm / increase your chance for hinder with a bow..

All that said, it's theorycrafted, I haven't played a bard yet in the field, just what I've heard around.

Provoking halves the damage of two mobs, so they struggle in killing each other quickly, and the spacing of a lot of mobs doesn't really make it all that useful as a 100 point skill. The template is really lacking some damage potential, I think most would swap out Provo, for tracking, so they can passively track for reds and escape, as well as get a 25% damage bonus, giving you additional damage sources from Disco (lowered skills), and Tracking/Tactics..

I'm more inclined to think if you drop magery, using a blessed runebook for travel, and potions to heal (they are peaced, you shouldn't take damage), that you could also add arms lore to disarm / increase your chance for hinder with a bow..

All that said, it's theorycrafted, I haven't played a bard yet in the field, just what I've heard around.
So no Provo or mage
Music
Discord
Peace
Archery
Tactics
Tracking
Arms lore

I think so - again not the expert though... make sure you pop open your tracking menu, and move over the reds tracking, and always closest, and start tracking, so you get a red alert system to flee the scene...

Maybe you could help me with my dexxer template as well, I'm running with 8 skills now and not sure what to drop:
Sword
Tactics
Parry
Healing
Anatomy
Camping
Resist
Arms lore
So far I'm thinking of dropping arms lore for resist, but maybe that's a bad idea?

I don't know that I'd drop one - just go with a 3x 100 5x 80 template personally.. I posted this in another channel, it's almost identical to your template, with the exception of Forensics instead of Anatomy - you get 5% more damage from Forensics, and you get extra leather when skinning, since it's a farming template. You lose about 8-12 HP on your bandage heals, with at 80, will still be 32-48 - if you went 720 skills, could get 40-60 bandage heals without Anatomy. And I've got Tracking instead of Camping - same damage, different utility, I could get behind either one, but tracking let's you passively track reds, so you know when to run, since you really aren't set up to fight PK's, and usually they travel in pairs.

1548269130239.png