What's new

Blacksmith template

Making a blacksmith character, was wondering if these are good skills and how to distribute points
Arms lore
Mining
Blacksmithy
Macing
Tactics
Parry
Healing
Camping

You need anatomy for healing, and curing poison.
I disagree - you can use cure pots for curing poison, and it only gives 8-12 extra HP on a bandy having GM Anatomy. For a PvM char, more than adequate not to have Anatomy, and adding that into other utility.

@MadMax I'd consider giving up Arms lore for Tracking, so you can have an active alert system for reds. It's a 720 points build, but I'd probably do something like that, knowing you will have to supplement with pots - stay away from casters if you can, or ensure you have GR. Magic Resist pots too. I'd even consider dropping Parry in the build, taking Healing to 100, and Alchemy at 60 for the extended time buffs on pots if you plan to do any real PvM - i'd also only suggest PvM'n in a group, or low end spawn, otherwise your better off to spec a full PvM build, than try to work a hybrid.

Mining 120
Blacksmithy 120
Macing 100
Tactics 100
Parry 80
Healing 80
Camping 80
Tracking 80

or

Mining 120
Blacksmithy 120
Macing 100
Tactics 100
Healing 100
Camping 80
Tracking 80
Alchemy 60

I disagree - you can use cure pots for curing poison, and it only gives 8-12 extra HP on a bandy having GM Anatomy. For a PvM char, more than adequate not to have Anatomy, and adding that into other utility.

@MadMax I'd consider giving up Arms lore for Tracking, so you can have an active alert system for reds. It's a 720 points build, but I'd probably do something like that, knowing you will have to supplement with pots - stay away from casters if you can, or ensure you have GR. Magic Resist pots too. I'd even consider dropping Parry in the build, taking Healing to 100, and Alchemy at 60 for the extended time buffs on pots if you plan to do any real PvM - i'd also only suggest PvM'n in a group, or low end spawn, otherwise your better off to spec a full PvM build, than try to work a hybrid.

Mining 120
Blacksmithy 120
Macing 100
Tactics 100
Parry 80
Healing 80
Camping 80
Tracking 80

or

Mining 120
Blacksmithy 120
Macing 100
Tactics 100
Healing 100
Camping 80
Tracking 80
Alchemy 60
Both of those builds are over 720 is my math is correct, but I'm going to work with what you're saying because your input has been great thus far

Both of those builds are over 720 is my math is correct, but I'm going to work with what you're saying because your input has been great thus far
Wow math was not a strong point before that first coffee today - I usually don't throw 120's into my builds heh. I'd probably do something more like the below, or thinking about taking Mining to a different character if I felt I needed to get some points back. Also decide if you need 120 in either of those skills, I'm not sure the cost/benefit evens out in the end for blacksmithing.. And if you aren't going to realistically mine regularly once you've leveled Blacksmithing - is there any point in burdening your template with it?

Mining 120
Blacksmithy 120
Macing 100
Tactics 100
Healing 80
Camping 80
Tracking 80
Alchemy 40

Wow math was not a strong point before that first coffee today - I usually don't throw 120's into my builds heh. I'd probably do something more like the below, or thinking about taking Mining to a different character if I felt I needed to get some points back. Also decide if you need 120 in either of those skills, I'm not sure the cost/benefit evens out in the end for blacksmithing.. And if you aren't going to realistically mine regularly once you've leveled Blacksmithing - is there any point in burdening your template with it?

Mining 120
Blacksmithy 120
Macing 100
Tactics 100
Healing 80
Camping 80
Tracking 80
Alchemy 40
I'm not sure the benefits but I think mining increases macing damage. Was kind of trying to go for a pvm Smith. Armslore was for special, and I only really did 60 camping so far to bank ore. BTW mimicked your pvm macer and am loving it btw