What's new

Blacksmithing Skill Gain/Resource Test

Here are my test results from training Blacksmithing 50-100, recycling everything that I crafted. I did it simultaneously on 3 characters, and the average ingot consumption was 146.000 and the total time spent was 1 day 11 hours 53 minutes. I crafted the items that I assume corresponds with the ones Luthius has based his skill gain chart on, at least the resources per attempt are the same. However, his estimated resource use from 50-100 is 220.000, my tests used 74.000 less on average. I'm not sure if his figures are with or without recycling.

Details in the attached picture:

[attachment=17]

Attachments

This is awesome... wonder if there are any newer reports that suggest changes, but at least this gives me an idea of what I have ahead of me smithing!

Thanks!

This is awesome... wonder if there are any newer reports that suggest changes, but at least this gives me an idea of what I have ahead of me smithing!

Thanks!
I am at 90 smithing and can attest that it's been about the same as the average for me

Edit: 90-95 I came in just under the average. Closer to 17,000 ingots. Now for 95-100 I am not sure if I want to make repair kits. They cost less ingots than plate arms, 10 ingots vs 12, but have a .2% chance of success while plate arms have an 80% chance of success which means i will be getting back ingots from recycling. I think I am going to try arms for now, but maybe will regret it.

Edit 2: do Plate Arms 95-100. for 95-96 I used about 4,000 ingots, which is significantly less than the test above with repair kits for any 1 point from 95 to 100

Last edited: