What's new

Camping Skill

Could the camping Skill Hiking to and from custom locations a, house and guild please be placed at GM instead of 120?
and have atleast a few more custom locations added

Thank you for your attention

reb

Apprentice
at 80 you get one custom location and then for every 5 skill one more, id like a gradual increase personally.

reb

Apprentice
can you not hike to a location at the same time as you can mark one?
i forgot how it works, i have camping on my LJ but i gave up on it when i realized that i couldnt use a single custom location unless id get to 120 skill.
i get more carry weight and hiking thats a good bonus, the next breaking point for new utility is unrealisticly far away, for me anyway.

What would be the point of 120 camping then?

You sort of sound like this: "Can flamestrike please be lowered to 50 magery requirement? I'd love to FS on a brand new char."

Last edited:
What would be the point of 120 camping then?

You sort of sound like this: "Can flamestrike please be lowered to 50 magery requirement? I'd love to FS on a brand new char."
There wouldn't be much of a point. It would have to be adjusted.

I see a decent amount of people feeling like the custom recall ability is too basic/needed to be locked behind the post GM cap.

In addition that's all you're usually getting from raising camping above 100 because of the +20% damage cap. Which is pretty weak compared to other skills that go to 120..
It just feels like your getting something that should be included already (house recall) and that's it, by raising to 120

But yea, you're right there would be no reason to raise it above 100 if custom recall was lowered. So it would have to be adjusted.

I see a decent amount of people feeling like the custom recall ability is too basic/needed to be locked behind the post GM cap.
If a decent amount of people felt like jumping off a bridge would that make it a good idea?

I see a decent amount of people that seem to think they'd be better at designing game mechanics than Owyn/Luthius and I just refuse to buy it. Forgive me if this isn't you, I have no way of being sure and it's just an observation.

Last edited:
If a decent amount of people felt like jumping off a bridge would that make it a good idea?

I see a lot of people that seem to think they'd be better at designing game mechanics than Owyn/Luthius and I just refuse to buy it. Forgive me if this isn't you, I have no way of being sure.

I spend a lot of time posted at work, where I like to post in the suggestion forum for outlands on my phone.

not shitting on anyone here.

edit: and this is a biggy. Not even saying said suggestions should be implemented. Just my thoughts on them.

For sure... I can appreciate that.

My issue is mainly that the original post doesn't even bother listing a reason why they want this change. So I can only assume it's just to make the game easier for themselves, which is a bad reason to change a game mechanic.

Last edited:
Camping here is really awesome, but the investment is over the top. It would be a great "filler" skill when a template has an extra 20-40 points left but it's practically useless until 60. I'd like to see hiking to towns at 20. Hiking to healer caravans at 30 or 40.

Tie in bonuses to group play for 60+ milestones. At 120 camping have your campfire buff give extra damage resistance to your group or increase gold found by 5% or something. Make it so groups really want to bring a 120 camper with them. If you are capable of buying the 20 skill scroll to get 120 camping it's already useless. At that point you'd have a newbied runebook which is FAR more useful for less cost and time.

We could even expand it so after 60 camping you can use special colored wood to provide different types of party wide buffs. Dullwood armor buff, shadowwood MR buff, ect.

but it's practically useless until 60.
Rofl. The extra carry weight and damage bonus is amazing even at low levels. My main PVMer (who I can almost guarantee has farmed more than you) rocks 50 camping. Hell I'd even go as far as to say camping is one of the most useful low level skills.

So I call bullshit. Git gud.

Last edited:
So many things I'd like to see different with camping, I miss it on every character due to the pack size + damage, and the hiking, however I can get a blessed runebook which eliminates all of the hiking element, thus it's really taking a backseat in many of my builds.

1) I love the idea of 1 custom spot at 90, 2 custom spots at GM, 3 custom spots at 110, and 5 custom spots at 120 (bonus at 120)
2) I feel like all the hiking requirements should be lowered by 20 (so moongates at 40), but make it so that you require 20 points above the requirement to unlock, in order to hike right to your spot, otherwise you land 2 screens away at the requirement, and 1 screen away at requirement +10...
3) change unlocked locations to be green in the atlas, and locked gray (not sure if this was implemented yet)

i think camping should buff reist, ar and regenerate health as a utility skill (anti pk as well) as long as your in 8 tiles from camp and have not pvm for 30sec. just rando idea

With camping the way it is now, a blessed runebook will save you the skill points. The carry capacity isn't that impactful on a pvm character because if you are at 390 stones it's past time to bank anyways.

At a minimum the damage bonus needs to last longer than 20 minutes.

It does seem like there's quite a gap in usefulness between GM hiding and 120. I think custom location breakpoints should be one additional location each at 105/110/115 and then guildhouse/home/"bought" custom locations at 120.

Like stated in the previous camping suggestion thread, I believe going to 120 camping is pointless. Runebooks will eventually make that aspect of camping moot. It would be better to just give custom locations at GM or increase dmg buff camping gives past GM

Like stated in the previous camping suggestion thread, I believe going to 120 camping is pointless. Runebooks will eventually make that aspect of camping moot. It would be better to just give custom locations at GM or increase dmg buff camping gives past GM
I mentioned in another Thread exactly the same as you, Runebooks kill the traveling imho,
1- Recalling should be a mages thing.... I mentioned placing recall spell in same tier as the moongate spell (Meaning Mage would be a select skill for travel like camping for warriors). Who will benefit....increase traffic via shops around the world, forcing players to run around the world to reach their destination and whats best transit your treasured ore on pack mules like it is intended! Risk v Rewards!
2- Use of ships to travel in water and or get a mage friend to portal you :)
3- PK's can freely kill random ppl for their gameplay :)--> if not they would just recall under 30min to all dungeons and nuke everyone.
i will not carry making a thesis of a reply message, but i hope ppl see what i am trying to do, which is, players use more the world. Hence, why no recalling and gate and or mounts have been a VERY good idea of change.

I mentioned in another Thread exactly the same as you, Runebooks kill the traveling imho,
1- Recalling should be a mages thing.... I mentioned placing recall spell in same tier as the moongate spell (Meaning Mage would be a select skill for travel like camping for warriors). Who will benefit....increase traffic via shops around the world, forcing players to run around the world to reach their destination and whats best transit your treasured ore on pack mules like it is intended! Risk v Rewards!
2- Use of ships to travel in water and or get a mage friend to portal you :)
3- PK's can freely kill random ppl for their gameplay :)--> if not they would just recall under 30min to all dungeons and nuke everyone.
i will not carry making a thesis of a reply message, but i hope ppl see what i am trying to do, which is, players use more the world. Hence, why no recalling and gate and or mounts have been a VERY good idea of change.
My gut reaction is "Hell no." I've played on limited recall servers like you're suggesting and honestly I think it'll absolutely kill population numbers and interest.

Last edited: