What's new

Change aspect blessing

How about starting the 24 hour "unblessed" period 5 minutes after a resurrection. Gives player time to get resurrected and a chance to get out of their current situation to a safe zone. Will reduce griefing and any number of ways someone tries to get you right after a rezz. A small side affect is that people will probably also be less annoyed after being pk'd. I will never ever rezz on overworld knowing that someone could follow me to a healer caravan and wipe me out with one blow. As aspect gear becomes more common we're going to have people camping out at caravans trying to get lucky. Also no one wants to leave their party in the dungeon to run back to a gate while leaving their stuff and their party. Seems like logical way to reduce griefers and not expose a player to some time of unforeseen death immediately after a rezz.

But that's not griefing; killing someone at the healer is just a thought out strategy for the patient player to profit by. Griefing is just doing annoying things to piss people off, isn't it? The one getting ressed has the choice of risking to ress in the wild or go to town for example.

Whether it is griefing or not is not the only reason I think my suggestion has merit. But I think it is griefing if it goes against the spirit of what Owen was trying to accomplish. I believe the only reason aspect goes unblessed is a "cool-down/penalty" period NOT a method to get it in the hands of another player who is seriously going to wreck someone's day. Why have it blessed at all if that is not the spirit? My suggestion is for playability and to avoid someone's day really going to hell.

Thats why i have a dress macro to mash as soon as i rez and keep moving until its fully equipped and i can walk to the bank to put it away. I dont want some thief hiding at the town healer to yoink a single piece of my set.

Aspect gear is really strong you should not die in it and if you do then you should always rez in town and equip it right away. Then into the bank for 24 hours.
Everyone should have more then one set if you're serious about leveling it anyways.

Personally I think the timer should be reduced to 20hrs because sometimes you get ganked at the end of your play session.
-Meaning you cant use your armor the next night you have to wait till the night after... It sucks.

Last edited:
Whether it is griefing or not is not the only reason I think my suggestion has merit. But I think it is griefing if it goes against the spirit of what Owen was trying to accomplish. I believe the only reason aspect goes unblessed is a "cool-down/penalty" period NOT a method to get it in the hands of another player who is seriously going to wreck someone's day. Why have it blessed at all if that is not the spirit? My suggestion is for playability and to avoid someone's day really going to hell.
One would think if they didn't want it to have a chance to get stolen, that they would have made it a 24 hour cooldown on death, and left the bless....

If you choose to rez where you are vulnerable, its a risk you willing took and really cant complain if you lose your armor.

Is aspect gear really worth all the hassle? I keep hearing about people putting on their suit and dying like 20 minutes later because players wearing aspect gear are targeted. With all it costs to make and upgrade the stuff, and the risk of losing it, and the restrictions on where you can safely rez, such a short-lived buff doesn't sound like enough of a benefit to balance out.

To be honest Basia, it's near impossible to kill someone here 1v1, if you are smart with your aspect gear, have a build that gives you the proper defensive capabilities (wrestling for crying out loud), you can survive just fine. Far too many people go out there without any defense, glass cannons, then cry when they break.