What's new

Combatting Ethereal Mounts

Upon entering a dungeon instead of having your mount de-materialize and break the immersion of gameplay the player would receive a whistle in its backpack, maybe even place the mounts as mobiles outside the entrance.
This would serve both to increase immersion of gameplay while also creating a ever-needed gold-sink (can never have enough of those) by introducing more risk element(s) to adventuring because we can count on most players losing their mount if they do not heed a tiny mechanic. I relate to the players need to keep track of many individual mechanics in order to min-max, for example, their crafting skillgain as justification of introducing such an element.

I think the current mechanic is fine the way it is, how immersed can you really get in a 20-year-old 2d pixel game?

OR we can just get rid of mounts all together ;)

I think the current mechanic is fine the way it is, how immersed can you really get in a 20-year-old 2d pixel game?

OR we can just get rid of mounts all together ;)
The very fact that it is twenty year old and still being developed speaks multitude of the immersion one could get. Just wanted to suggest an additional gameplay element.

That depends, do you run light levels? or do you have light always filtered on? Some of us play the game for the levels of immersion we can get... After all it's a wizard game, and who doesn't want to be a wizard?

do i get i right, you want that 20 mount standing entrace of dungeons, that one mad pll can cast poisonfields into all?. for what? for making the npc stabler rich? no good idea. the system is fine as it is.

do i get i right, you want that 20 mount standing entrace of dungeons, that one mad pll can cast poisonfields into all?. for what? for making the npc stabler rich? no good idea. the system is fine as it is.
The system is fine as it is, yes.

Sure, why not; twenty mounts outside a dungeon would give me an estimate of what's inside and this also makes mounts something more than a mere speed-mechanic purchasable by a meager one-time fee until you perish.