What's new

Defending fun pets from evil PK's who are sad they cant win 100% of the time (Snowdrifts)

That was admittedly not my finest moment, haha. I didn't realize you had snowdrifts too (little buggers are hard to see sometimes) and ran in way too hot.

Last edited:
Welcome to Nerflands.
Rofl, you are so dramatic.

They are simply trying to balance the shard. At this point you're essentially crying that you were too slow to abuse a broken mechanic. Boo fucking hoo.

Anyone who's used snowdrifts knows they were a bit OP in PVP, even Roser; why else would he start this thread in the first place?

Last edited:
Welcome to Nerflands.
I am left wondering if the nerf was something that was carefully deliberated over, or if it was a reaction to appease some members of the community, maybe a bit of both?
Either way the drift is not cool with this bro's.

Silver lining - at least staff has made themselves a convenient way to dial in pets (pvp scalar). Maybe we get an un-nerf after the nerfherder's who died to small pets one to many times figure out how to deal with new things on this new server.

Mindless - You need to scalar yourself back dude, let people enjoy the game.

I started this thread in the first place to be a counter voice to an unreasonable call to hinder a good area of the game, and to have a discussion about the topic before a "fire from the hip" style decision was made.

To conclude my thoughts on this - I am sure that the players involved in calling for a nerf to snowdrifts have not explored the many avenues of combating this type of pet, and have put zero effort into solving this problem in game on their own. Shame.

Almost all (if not all) of the people in this thread who are for the nerf have done exactly what you said you did Mindless (repeatedly in some cases), and what shows in the screenshot I linked prior - Rushed into a fight failing to notice the imminent threat, then falling flat on their asses, counting stars, and wondering WTF just happened.

And no, I don't think the pets were OP in PvP - they cant move fast enough and only work on foot in dungeons - assholes.

Last edited:
Snowdrifts weren't OP. Husk crabs weren't OP. Using something for its intended purpose isn't "abuse." And making it even easier to kill an entire class of players just so pks don't cry isn't "balance."

Mindless - You need to scalar yourself back dude, let people enjoy the game.
Fine, I'll go easier on you at your own request. After all, I'm not an unreasonable man.

I started this thread in the first place to be a counter voice to an unreasonable call to hinder a good area of the game, and to have a discussion about the topic before a "fire from the hip" style decision was made.
I see people making unreasonable calls for all kinds of nerfs/buffs in discord all day every day but I don't go making threads to counter them because I know the person is wrong.

So to me this thread implies that you knew they might at the very least be a little over tuned... again: otherwise why bother?

I am sure that the players involved in calling for a nerf to snowdrifts have not explored the many avenues of combating this type of pet, and have put zero effort into solving this problem in game on their own. Shame.
Except for the fact that the loudest person calling for a nerf in this thread (seemingly me) solo clears entire dungeons with his own snowdrifts on a daily basis (or at least he did when he had time to play).

Almost all (if not all) of the people in this thread who are for the nerf have done exactly what you said you did Mindless (repeatedly in some cases), and what shows in the screenshot I linked prior - Rushed into a fight failing to notice the imminent threat, then falling flat on their asses, counting stars, and wondering WTF just happened.
I don't doubt that happens all of the time. I switched my entire PK style up from stealthing around stalking people to running in hot and clearing entire dungeons with my pets because honestly, it was just too easy and time is of the essence.

But that's not even almost an argument for snowdrifts NOT being OP. You're basically just saying "recognize you shouldn't engage people with snowdrifts and back off"

they cant move fast enough and only work on foot in dungeons
Which one is it? They can't move fast enough or they work on foot in dungeons?

Well at least we can agree on something.

Last edited:
Snowdrifts weren't OP. Huskcrabs weren't OP.
That's your opinion... As far as I can tell you never even made it high enough in taming to control either of those pets. So who are you to say?

PS. AREN'T YOU THE SAME PERSON WHO SAID YOU COULDNT EVEN AFFORD REGS/BANDAGES ON YOUR TAMER??? Something tells me it's not tamers that are the problem. It's you. (here: http://forums.uooutlands.com/index....-your-time-on-a-summoner.910/page-4#post-6530)

Using something for its intended purpose isn't "abuse."
That's just you taking me too literally. I've been running around PKing people with snowdrifts myself, but if you think that them being that strong in pvp was their intended purpose why did they nerf them in the first place?

And making it even easier to kill an entire class of players just so pks don't cry isn't "balance."
I'm not entirely sure which class of player you're referring to, but I can only assume it's noobs. Git gud.

Last edited:
1 ....So to me this thread implies that you knew they might at the very least be a little over tuned... again: otherwise why bother?

2 ...Except for the fact that the loudest person calling for a nerf in this thread (seemingly me) solo clears entire dungeons with his own snowdrifts on a daily basis (or at least he did when he had time to play).

3 ...You're basically just saying "recognize you shouldn't engage people with snowdrifts and back off"

4 ...Which one is it? They can't move fast enough or they work on foot in dungeons?
1 - Because you and your friends spent what seemed like an eternity bitching about snowdrifts in discord until Owyn posted "Snowdrifts are on the docket". When I saw that I decided to pitch in my thoughts before the patch went through.

2 - The one and only time I have ever seen you in a dungeon was when I killed you (screenshot linked earlier in thread), not much of a "solo clear" if you ask me. Who exactly were you up against? Sounds more like a bunch of day one newbs opposed to mic'd veterans farming on their tamers. Get real dude.

3 - I am saying you should not charge directly into a stack of a GM tamer's melee pets, without first having some sort of plan. I don't know what you are expecting at this point, seems like a bad comment.

4 - Pet's are slow in PvP which relegates their effectiveness to unmounted situations mainly. Don't be silly.

I think this thread has had ample time and input to show that the opposition has nothing more than empty catch phrases, lacks in game experience, is quick to cry for game nerf's, brings nothing intelligent to the discussion, and ignorantly contributes to the degeneration of the game as a whole.

Last edited:
lol that explains my last death and subsequent ragequit about 2m ago.
i was attacking a guy with these shit slimes and 2 sec later i was dead and couldnt even tell wtf killed me.
i coulda figured that slimes on outlands dont do the usual 2 dmg if spiders in petram hit me with 75 dmg flamestrikes.

I have no interest in using slimes but im curious how much of an impact this had in both pve farming and pvp. Do those that called for nerfs find them more reasonable? Are they still good pets?

1 - Because you and your friends spent what seemed like an eternity bitching about snowdrifts in discord until Owyn posted "Snowdrifts are on the docket". When I saw that I decided to pitch in my thoughts before the patch went through..
If you look back in Discord history you'll actually find me telling Valor he is wrong for calling for a snowdrift nerf, which inspired me to go back and test them more myself, leading me to change my mind on the matter. I don't even know what friends you are talking about. I play here with 2 of my old friends from middleschool and neither of them spend any time in discord.

2 - The one and only time I have ever seen you in a dungeon was when I killed you (screenshot linked earlier in thread), not much of a "solo clear" if you ask me. Who exactly were you up against? Sounds more like a bunch of day one newbs opposed to mic'd veterans farming on their tamers. Get real dude.
Ahh if you didn't see it, it never happened! Sound logic. *rolls eyes*

You "out snowdrifting me" is no indication of them being OP or not. But good job. I've been hesitant to turn this thread into some lame tamer dick swinging contest, but it's pretty hard when it started out that way.

Here's a picture of snowdrifts wrecking 120 pets 2 or 3 vs 1 (can't remember) in the most wide open dungeon there is: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/296481427598344193/528763543626186752/sweetdress.PNG
there's also this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/296481427598344193/531185989964660743/howSweet.PNG
and this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/296481427598344193/528705038143455232/lol2.PNG
and this (me solo PKing in unblessed command aspect armor for the luls... and NOT losing it because my pets are OP): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/296481427598344193/530616291409657866/weouthere.PNG

and I could go on:
Want to see me stream snipe fools with my snowdrifts like it's nothing? Just ask.
Clear an entire dungeon AND handle the bottom level spawn while I'm looting? Easy mode.

Of course I die too (ESPECIALLY to OP pets like snowdrifts), I'm both a loose cannon and constantly fighting outnumbered.

3 - I am saying you should not charge directly into a stack of a GM tamer's melee pets, without first having some sort of plan. I don't know what you are expecting at this point, seems like a bad comment.
Snowdrifts aren't just melee pets though. They are a 1 slotter with a breath attack. So either you're the one who hasn't done your pet research or you're being intentionally misleading. Which one is it?

4 - Pet's are slow in PvP which relegates their effectiveness to unmounted situations mainly. Don't be silly..
Which is a totally fair tradeoff when every single dungeon is unmounted.

I think this thread has had ample time and input to show that the opposition has nothing more than empty catch phrases, lacks in game experience, is quick to cry for game nerf's, brings nothing intelligent to the discussion, and ignorantly contributes to the degeneration of the game as a whole.
You are hilarious, but right as far as I can tell.

The opposition (that's you at this point) has nothing more than empty catch phrases, lacks in game experience, and ignorantly contributes to the degeneration of the game as a whole.

I have no interest in using slimes but im curious how much of an impact this had in both pve farming and pvp. Do those that called for nerfs find them more reasonable? Are they still good pets?
They are still great pets, I haven't had the chance to test but just based on my past experience/opinion a 10% nerf probably wasn't even enough.

NERF SNOWDRIFTS HARDER!

Last edited:
I've generally stopped publicly sharing my views on balance since people get so bent out of shape, but if you're going to invite it..

Snowdrifts are too strong in both PvE and PvP. They have a bugged ability that isn't listed on their stat sheet, or something they are doing is causing major issues with Orion (this is from multiple observations of streams, I dont use Orion). Every mention in the last month of someone crying about tamers in PvP is specifically referring to these pets.

While it shouldn't necessarily be impossible to run 5 of these, its pretty silly that they have no issues tanking end game content. These are generally better than 110 pets, however the 110 pet tier isn't all that strong to begin with.

The flip side of this, is that because of the insane movement speed reductions from PvP flagging, pets are completely useless in PvP without a ranged attack.