What's new

Development Pipeline

In the current system I have a fire aspect armor set and weapon. I have multiple characters that can use the 1 set and level up the fire aspect. In the mew system, if the resources are returned, will I basically be able to have 2 characters unlock the aspect for use? To confirm, unlocking an aspect unlocks the weapons and armor for 5 distillations and 10 cores?

Last edited:
In the current system I have a fire aspect armor set and weapon. I have multiple characters that can use the 1 set and level up the fire aspect. In the mew system, if the resources are returned, will I basically be able to have 2 characters unlock the aspect for use? To confirm, unlocking an aspect unlocks the weapons and armor for 5 distillations and 10 cores?
It was my understanding you'd have to unlock weapon / armor separately, however reading through it, it doesn't say that specifically, and doesn't mention spell books (unless they consider that the weapon as it essentially is).

This is a good question - do you unlock the specific aspect at a 5/10 cost, then attune your weapon/spellbook/armor - all for a much cheaper starting cost?
Or do you have to unlock each attunement type once for the aspect separately? (so a 2x cost for your armor/book?)

I would like confirmation also because the way I read it, it has gotten cheaper to use an aspect for 1 character but if you have multiple characters that would want to level the same aspect, like fire. Rather than using the same armor and or weapon they have to unlock it themselves so the cost increases in multiples for the characters with the same aspect.

Edit: I'm just trying to understand how this change would effect supply of aspect cores and extracts. To me if the cost for 1 character to run a weapon and armor is going to be 10 extracts and 20 cores. Then supply is going to get really tight on something I already have trouble affording because anyone using 1 set for multiple characters now will need to get the cost of a set for each. At the same time there will be some people that only need 1 set on 1 character which means they will either have extra supplies to sell or use to level up. I think getting the cost right to prevent a sudden shift in supply and demand is important. Total cost of 5 extracts and 10 cores for 1 character to run weapon and armor sounds reasonable but cant say for sure what's right

Last edited:
Personally I'd love to see them go 5 distil - 10 core to unlock the aspect for both, but then re-balance the levels, so they chew through more cores, because cores are in abundance.. You can either fix that through rebalancing the demand, or the supply.. Since your already changing the demand, now may be the time.. though I'm sure changing drop rates would make more sense in regards to what's already been leveled.

If test server is any indication it takes 6/12 still to unlock, but it unlocks all 3 (wep, book, armor) at the same time. You wouldn't be able to share, and you need to unlock it on each char with a new set of resources.

Do we have an ETA when the aspect mastery chain update is coming? because losing 24hrs of my extremely expensive to craft item to PKs, and only being bale to play a couple of hours each weekend is really fucking horrible. I would understand if it was PvM lose, but to lose it in a PVP scenario when i didnt even CHOOSE to involve myself in PVP, just farming and running into a gank squad, is just a bad mechanic. Thank god its going away right? These chains arent on some 24hr cooldown?

Do we have an ETA when the aspect mastery chain update is coming? because losing 24hrs of my extremely expensive to craft item to PKs, and only being bale to play a couple of hours each weekend is really fucking horrible. I would understand if it was PvM lose, but to lose it in a PVP scenario when i didnt even CHOOSE to involve myself in PVP, just farming and running into a gank squad, is just a bad mechanic. Thank god its going away right? These chains arent on some 24hr cooldown?
So what you are saying is you want zero risk so you can maximize your farming efficiency, when you play on an open PvP server? You do bring up a great suggestion - no downtime for aspect or chain master for people who farm on factions...

So what you are saying is you want zero risk so you can maximize your farming efficiency, when you play on an open PvP server? You do bring up a great suggestion - no downtime for aspect or chain master for people who farm on factions...

always a great idea to force pvmers into pvp systems so pvpers can kill them without risking going red.

Im not upset about the new system, I love it......and I guess the Devs saw it the saw way I did, forcing PVMers to suffer consequences from PVP was stupid, so now its bound and blessed and the 24hour mechanic is gone. So ya, exactly what I want is more efficiency without suffering a consequence from an aspect of the game I choose to avoid for the most part, and the Devs aggreed,

There will still be downtime, you just don't have a chance to lose your aspect set since its now an "ability" and not directly tied to an item. You will have a maximum number of activations (which can be increased) to use during a predetermined time frame.

Im not upset about the new system, I love it......and I guess the Devs saw it the saw way I did, forcing PVMers to suffer consequences from PVP was stupid, so now its bound and blessed and the 24hour mechanic is gone. So ya, exactly what I want is more efficiency without suffering a consequence from an aspect of the game I choose to avoid for the most part, and the Devs aggreed,
I'm not sure you fully understand the changes..
  1. aspects are now an ability, not a specific weapon/armor - otherwise they are mostly the same
  2. when you unlock an aspect, you have 2 charges for 24 hours (instead of 1 bless for 24 hours), if you die, there is still a cooldown.
  3. you can increase the number of charges, with the same cost of unlocking your aspect (as opposed to buying additional aspect items)
  4. you are now incurring more loss when you die, as whatever armor/weapon you were wearing when you activated your aspect, will fall to your corpse
  5. you can use magic armor/weapons, or higher ore crafted gear, to gain the advantages of those items, but are now putting them at risk.
I'll be more direct, why are you playing an open PvP world, if you aren't willing to accept the risks of playing such a world? And why are you trying to make the world something it is not?

Luthius

Developer
Staff member
I've updated the "Completion Percentages" for stuff in progress (on the first page) with stuff that has been working ecently havin it's new completion percentage in Red Text