What's new

don't waste your time on a summoner

Just skip everything you're thinking about summoners or dexers or whatever. don't waste your time and just go straight taming. with all the custom monsters and animals you can tame, it is completely more viable than to ever waste your time on the summoner. the summoner keeps getting shit on from devs and will not change. good ol' UO keeping tamers to be number one farmer. Oh and you can GM taming faster before magery.

well maybe propose some constructive feedback. to me tamers are in a good spot (tier 1), magery are tier 2 (i wish I had a summoner), dexxers/melee a bit easier to start and are well rounded (tier 3). stealth archers are probably tier 4 solo and tier 1-2 multiplayer.

bards are tier 4-5 (high failure rate, no pvp perks like current osi passive/active buffs, require 200 points in tracking/forensics, and do not gain cross skill barding bonuses from other bard skills)... however in time i am sure this will be rad too.

i have seen some awesome summoner thunter, pvp and pvm posts . it still looks pretty great. please add your constructive pro/cons .

mages have an upperhand with reveal vs stealthers and paralyze vs nonmages. personally i would like to see parry block spells in pvp and reveal changed to a %chance vs hiding plus stealth.

summoners seems to still be pretty strong. a full bard is 680 points without any pvp or pvm skills or method to heal. :)

a few patches streamlined them a bit
It's crazy that people are complaining about summoners when the only reason they were so powerful was the bugged daemon summons. If summoners were better suited for PvE than tamers, there would be no reason to play a tamer. Summoners being slightly more viable in PvP than tamers is a good trade off, though I do think that summoners are currently weaker against bosses than they should be.

well maybe propose some constructive feedback. to me tamers are in a good spot (tier 1), magery are tier 2 (i wish I had a summoner), dexxers/melee a bit easier to start and are well rounded (tier 3). stealth archers are probably tier 4 solo and tier 1-2 multiplayer.

bards are tier 4-5 (high failure rate, no pvp perks like current osi passive/active buffs, require 200 points in tracking/forensics, and do not gain cross skill barding bonuses from other bard skills)... however in time i am sure this will be rad too.
Hello oroechimaru, would you say a tamer bard is ok for pve? or does one need to go tamer mage instead. I love provocation and would like to try it again (currently, I am doing a peace dexxer in the newbie dungeon and having fun as I slowly get some gold and gear). Tame/Lore/Vet/Music/Bard Skill/Magery?/Misc ... (is magery necessary?, last could be MR, wrestle, FE...). Thank you.

im not high end so not the right one to ask... but the consensus i had was a 30% success rate with the bard skills maybe 20% . peace is super effective here and easy to gain . macro disco and peace 5100 pause between eachother and target yourself in newb dungeon... test out which u like more. some like peace for easier tames

i was testing a summon creature dexer, went to like 60 SS and vet real quick and i found it was somewhat fun but not worth investing a lot of effort/time.
the thing is that dual clienting dexers is cheaper, has more dmg, you end up with 2 somewhat finished chars and you have both chars healed at all times whereas as a summoner you canot vet and bandage yourself at the same time.

anway, a summoner dexer is a very niche build idea and if you go summoner you should go to circle 8 summons.

I was thinking of trying a pure mage summoner. Cant decide between poison and Taste Id or Scribe. Just working on magery now until I can decide.
Mage
Med
Eval
SS
Posion
Tatse
Wrestle - do i need because pets tanking?

right, so i said potentially three builds here; mage/med/eval/ss/peacemaking/music/wrestle or resist ... the 5x mage with ss and tracking ... or 5x with herding and ss ... smh.

People are going to continue to complain because of how strong tamers are. They outpace any other build in potential gold by a pretty good margin. They get tons of cool pets and all sorts of options. Then the dev's come on and say summoners are too strong!

That's def going to rub some people the wrong way.