What's new

Economy Issues?

What's going on with the economy, after the recent jump in pricing, it seems like nobody is buying anymore? Has anyone else noticed this? Things that used to sell quickly, no longer sell, people in the buy channel post WTB at about half price what the sell is going for. It's time to drop prices perhaps, I think I'll start, I encourage others to follow.

The economy couldn't keep rising at the pace it was, eventually it'd price itself out of contention, prices would have to drop and stabilize. One thing I dislike about having a separate buy/sell channel, is the fact that players can easily toy with the economy, as you are looking in different channels. Sellers always post above the sell price, and will come down if you message them with lower prices, buyers always post below the buy price, and will often come up a little if you ask. If they were combined in the saem channel (while it's true its harder to find the items as a buyer/seller), it's harder for people to post a 20k discrepancy on a 30k item, when the prices are on the same screen.

I'm hoping we'll finally see some stability in the economy, so people have goals to shoot for, that it's not ever changing.

I've seen fortune extracts listed for 70K. I moved one for 45K last night and lyric for 40K. Prices made a major jump over the course of just a couple weeks for seemingly no reason (phylact price jump makes sense). I haven't sold an Eldritch core/extract or Spirit Speak scroll in a while. It could be that everyone that has a suit has leveled it up or doesn't see the cost benefit of going up higher vs just farming at their level. New players just see the price and figure they will go after another aspect that's more affordable.

Treasure maps are still moving like crazy and have gone up in price a bit. Not sure what's going on. Maybe people are waiting to see what the next big patch brings?

AYK im not sure this guy understands economics. First post - NO SALEZ NOTHING SELLINGZZZXZ Second post - OMG HE RIPPING OFDF PEOPLEZZ WHEN HE SELLZ.

Or. I research heavily the market, I have a good vendor location, I buy and sell at the right price. If things don't move I slowly adjust them down. Supply & demand, something is only worth what some one will pay, and if it sold then...that's what its worth.

You think the guy raking it in, is the guy inflating prices? Try the opposite, he's raking it in because he's not ripping people off...
Well, to be honest, I was more eager to insult than reply with sound economic logic. I kill a bird and get gainz in forum skill.

However, causality is difficult to define with the unknown on his pricing, was he at or below market rate?

AYK im not sure this guy understands economics. First post - NO SALEZ NOTHING SELLINGZZZXZ Second post - OMG HE RIPPING OFDF PEOPLEZZ WHEN HE SELLZ.

Or. I research heavily the market, I have a good vendor location, I buy and sell at the right price. If things don't move I slowly adjust them down. Supply & demand, something is only worth what some one will pay, and if it sold then...that's what its worth.
A true sosarian Milton Friedman!

I don't list prices and negotate with everyone. Maybe people just assume it's going to be high and don't bother. I just think it's strange that Eldritch cores/extracts and Spirit Speak scrolls were going like crazy a bit ago and has died down.

I don't list prices and negotate with everyone. Maybe people just assume it's going to be high and don't bother. I just think it's strange that Eldritch cores/extracts and Spirit Speak scrolls were going like crazy a bit ago and has died down.
Everyone I know is saying it's too high and are investing in other suits, same with fortune.

supply & demand, peoples eldritch/ss wont move then if that's the general opinion. And it will drift down to a price people start thinking...omg that's cheap/powerful I will go that route.

Also its worth noting the shard is maturing and accounts are filling up, people have multiple completed "mains". I wouldn't invest in 20xSS on a char I barely play etc.

What's going on with the economy, after the recent jump in pricing, it seems like nobody is buying anymore? Has anyone else noticed this? Things that used to sell quickly, no longer sell, people in the buy channel post WTB at about half price what the sell is going for. It's time to drop prices perhaps, I think I'll start, I encourage others to follow.

it s not about economy. everyone has at least 5 chars, crafter pvp pwm etc. why buy something if you can produce it ? lol

it s not about economy. everyone has at least 5 chars, crafter pvp pwm etc. why buy something if you can produce it ? lol
I'm not talking about GM war maces, I'm selling rare items: cores, extracts, SS, etc. We may have to accept the prices peaked is all I'm saying.