What's new

EXPASION OF SHELTER DUNGEON

Now it is common to see the ogre and ettin area dominated by afk tamers leaving no space for dexxers or youngs to play in that area
I suggest to expand this area or create a new lvl

It's time to make it so players who are not young cannot loot corpses in the young dungeon. Do away with no risk farming (let them get their pets to level 1), and you'll do away with most of those players taking up space in the new player dungeon.

can you describe the problem detailed?
i trained about 10 chars in the newbie dungeon to 70 skills. if ure not into a specific spawn, then there was no problem to find a mob. (but im gtm+1)
i remember the scripted leather farmer in goldplate in the skeleton-room ^^

the idea to only young ppl can use the skillgainbonus in shelterdungeon is not good. bcs if i want to change a skill later in the game, i want to go to the shelt dungeon too.

the idea to only young ppl can use the skillgainbonus in shelterdungeon is not good. bcs if i want to change a skill later in the game, i want to go to the shelt dungeon too.
That's why you just take away the loot from a player who is not young, but still allow them to gain their XP to level 1 / skill gain.

Basia

Journeyman
It's time to make it so players who are not young cannot loot corpses in the young dungeon.
Terrible solution to a non-problem. It's good for youngs to be able to interact with more seasoned players. When we could still level pets in Shelter I helped many young players there, most were new to UO and needed a lot of help with even basic things.

Also, "risk free farming" is a joke -- the gold drops are tiny and there's basically no chance of rares so who the fuck cares.

Basia

Journeyman
No chance of rares? I recently started a new character, ended up with a lyric core and a skill ball.. just leveling to 70...
I find this hard to believe. But if this is true, you might just be really lucky. I've never gotten anything of value in Shelter dungeon, even before the loot nerf, and I've spent a LOT of time there.

ppl doing it full afk on 20 accounts and you call it joke?
If someone is doing anything on 20 accounts they should be banned, but the problem is the 20 accounts not where they're farming.

Someone that's afk shouldn't be looting. If they are, that's the problem that needs to be addressed, not where they're farming.

Really lucky or not, someone afk farming, or even auto farming, while watching a movie, with no risk shouldn't be allowed. And those higher level people eating up the spawn on new players, doesn't really help anything either.

The only thing of value I've read is that by forcing veterans out of the new player dungeon, is that they won't be around to help new players with questions and such... But honestly, I don't think that happens often enough to make it a viable reason to keep people there, and there's a discord where they can get their questions answered as well.

Honestly, there's really no legitimate reason to keep people out.

I went and checked things out in Shelter today and found exactly one person who appeared to be afk (running a guard/follow script with a pile of mobs around him). He wasn't moving, and it was very, very easy to take those mobs before his pets could get them. Couldn't say whether he was auto-looting but when I skinned all the corpses around him they all had gold.

Not only was it easy to take his mobs, it would've been fairly easy to get him killed, too. So there are plenty of player-driven solutions if someone is killing the stuff you want to kill. Why don't people take matters into their own hands rather than whining to staff to nerf more things?

Honestly, there's really no legitimate reason to keep people out.

I went and checked things out in Shelter today and found exactly one person who appeared to be afk (running a guard/follow script with a pile of mobs around him). He wasn't moving, and it was very, very easy to take those mobs before his pets could get them. Couldn't say whether he was auto-looting but when I skinned all the corpses around him they all had gold.

Not only was it easy to take his mobs, it would've been fairly easy to get him killed, too. So there are plenty of player-driven solutions if someone is killing the stuff you want to kill. Why don't people take matters into their own hands rather than whining to staff to nerf more things?
How do you kill someone in shelter dungeon? It is a safe area