What's new

Factions

So I have an idea that has been rolling around in my head for factions. I know a big revamp is in the works so this all may be moot...

For faction struggles - Make it so its a signup and as soon as enough people have signed up it starts the struggle. This would provide people that want to PvP a nonstop stream of content for PvP. The current timing and gaps between struggles are not ideal for me and a bunch of other people I've talked to. I liked the idea of flashpoints between struggles to fill the PvP gap but you are forcing PvP and PvM together, which is annoying to me.

Anyone else got feedback on my idea or other ideas?

Thanks
-Koston

Last edited:

Owyn

Administrator
Staff member
I think an idea like this could fit into a future "Battlegrounds" style PvP system. This is on the horizon with no real timeframe yet.

As @RioReiser stated above, our focus is on igniting the persistent/overworld PvP aspect of gameplay.

struggles are basically instanced no loot pvp. one struggle per 4hrs is enough.
the focus should be to incentivize pvp outside of struggles.
You are correct there is no loot but there are rewards points to work towards. You are incorrect on the word "instanced" as it doesn't live up to that. Every time we are in Corpse Creek there are reds coming in and ruining the faction with interference that favors one side. The loot you are going to get from an overland faction fight is going to be pretty basic most of the time, stuff I honestly wouldn't bother looting. But hey.. if you PvP for regs, potions, and regular crafted armor/weps more power to you. I PvP for the trill and taste of blood.

I think an idea like this could fit into a future "Battlegrounds" style PvP system. This is on the horizon with no real timeframe yet.

As @RioReiser stated above, our focus is on igniting the persistent/overworld PvP aspect of gameplay.
"igniting the persistent/overworld PvP" Is going to be a hard task to complete. It was alive the first month but seems to be a dead scenario at the moment. Factions, on the other hand, is alive but slowly starting to die.

There have been so many times that we finish a struggle and everyone would love to just queue up another to keep the fun going.

Either way, I'm on board for whatever you guys are cooking up.

-Koston