What's new

First Official 1v1 Arena Tournament - Saturday, January 19th at 3pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expo

Overseer
Staff member
Hear ye! Hear ye! On Saturday, January 19th at 3pm EST the First Official 1v1 Arena Tournament of the Outlands will take place! Watch the greatest duelists in the world battle it out for a special character statue to commemorate the victor plus a CASH PRIZE ($250, $100, $25 USD) for the top three participants! The Tournament will be livestreamed on Twitch by Expo! If you are not a duelist, you are still encouraged to come and witness this grand event!

Please note that only one entrant per player is allowed.
Players must sign up at the Arena Stone BEFORE the Tournament begins!

Tournament Ruleset:

1sttournamentruleset2.png

Arena Templates:
Participants will be able to set Arena Templates to theorycraft, customize and test their skills. This feature will remain live after the tournament for all players to use as well!

arenatemplates2.png

Prizes:
First Place - $250 plus a Character Statue and Engraved Nameplate on Champion's Row
Second Place - $100
Third Place - $25
All Participants will receive a unique collectable card as well!

tournamentstatue.gif

collectiblecards-arenafirst4.png

soo cool you set cash prize for this, im imagining some of the better uo duelists will come to the server just based on the ability to roll a character and auto 7x.

Expo

Overseer
Staff member
I'm Looking forward to it :). But i've got a question when we will get to sign up and set up the skills?

GL everyone who participates
There will be a patch soon before the event enabling the Arena Templates. You'll notice when the Town Criers start announcing it as well.

so will the templates enable everybody to join? even characters who arent 7x gm but can just choose their template in the tournament and participate?

Expo

Overseer
Staff member
Thank you to everyone that came to the Tournament and livestream. As posted by @Luthius in Discord:

We're going to have to postpone the tournament to next week unfortunately so I can add in a number of fixes for potential unforeseen issues (namely the sheer amount of lag caused by almost 300 players all in the arena area). Everyone will be fully refunded their arena credits when the server comes back up and we will be issuing Alacrity scrolls to players. I sincerely apologize for players affected by this (we've run over a dozen tournaments in beta so far and not had this issue).

arenatourneyturnout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.