What's new

fix stealing

hi i am a 20 year vet of uo ! i have been playing sence right before lord blackthorns revenge came out. i play a thief.and i want to talk about thieving on uo outlands. the loot is good there is lots to steal ! only problem is with stealing so nerfed i got no loot. i have failed and gotton guard wacked 39 out of 40 times yeasterday. this makes me sad. i really like this shard and congrats on the custom map. plz fix stealing so i can get some loot. mabye make the crimanality go up by 1% a death instead of the current 10% so i can get some loot !

thank you much
Jett Black

hi i am a 20 year vet of uo ! i have been playing sence right before lord blackthorns revenge came out. i play a thief.and i want to talk about thieving on uo outlands. the loot is good there is lots to steal ! only problem is with stealing so nerfed i got no loot. i have failed and gotton guard wacked 39 out of 40 times yeasterday. this makes me sad. i really like this shard and congrats on the custom map. plz fix stealing so i can get some loot. mabye make the crimanality go up by 1% a death instead of the current 10% so i can get some loot !

thank you much
Jett Black
I agree stealing is not well balanced atm. Walking about with my non-thief in town is just boring now, I can park anywhere without concern, which just feels un-UO. I think we need an overview of what mechanics are seen as problematic for players mostly playing thieves. I'm planning on posting a list with things I find problematic, also presenting specific solutions or asking for other ppls' opinions. I've found a few but I'm waiting until I've gotten enough experience with the shard's mechanics.

P.S. I think such a list with clearly identifiable problems/solutions are best for a fruitful discussion on stealing. Stealing discussions tend to become toxic otherwise, which doesn't help all too much! D.S.

I think the problem is scripted stealing is too easy, in town you can target specific items and snoop / steal from a crowd in seconds. I think the low town chances are a way to balance.

Don't play the lowest class...a town thief. Dungeon thieves can and do make plenty of loot. Revise your play style and stop thinking Outlands is like any other shard before it. Its a new shard, with new mechanics, and new play-styles. Learn, adapt, and thrive.

truth is the loot on this shard is really good ! i got some loot at the bank now finaly 3 times today lol
and have been going on loot adventures outside of towns and done really good there. and i have been really sucessfull at selling what i steal ! turns out i may be able to start a black market on the shard :)