What's new

Functional town markets

I would like to suggest a way for all these awesome market areas Owyn has created in most of the cities in Outlands to become functional vibrant hubs for player activity.

I propose that the market stalls have their decor adjusted to showcase the major trade/crafting skills and have any equipment required to perform the trade placed behind the stalls for players to use in working their trade skills (ie forge and anvil for the Smithing stall and spinning wheel and loom for Tailor stall), am sure Owyn can make this happen in no time!

Behind each stall have a chest which can be rented for Prev Coins by the hour and secure for use only by the character who rented it (to store materials as you work your skill) if time runs out the contents are automatically transferred to your bank box.

Would love to have these markets be a place where you could go and work your skills and offer services or goods to players as you train the crafting skills. Find a bowyer making arrows willing to sell to you on the spot. Find a tailor to make you a clothing alteration on the spot, find a smith to repair your armour or craft a specific weapon.

Another option for the rental chest would be to give you remote access to your bank box while rent is paid.

What do you think?

Where exactly are these market areas in the cities that you are referring to?

I would like the convenience of having crafters available at stalls but you're obviously not guaranteed to see anyone there. It would maybe make sense to only have it in one city … but then: if a crafter is looking to make exceptional stuff, they're likely to be at the "+15% craft exceptional" bonus city each week.

Where exactly are these market areas in the cities that you are referring to?

I would like the convenience of having crafters available at stalls but you're obviously not guaranteed to see anyone there. It would maybe make sense to only have it in one city … but then: if a crafter is looking to make exceptional stuff, they're likely to be at the "+15% craft exceptional" bonus city each week.
There is one in each of the larger cities, in Prevailia it’s in the dock district South East end of town over the bridge south past the Zoo and situated just East of the Strip Club