What's new

Glass Cannon builds aren’t smart

1) He's saying take Magic Resist, Wrestle, etc for PK survivability. No one is talking about ultra high end gear. I've put Parry on all my dexxers.
I haven't made recommendations to take magic resist and certianly NOT wrestle for PK survivability. A regular parry/alch/dexxer without any of those skills would be very tanky vs PKs, if nothing else because they would have 120 strength and very strong heal potions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't made recommendations to take magic resist and certianly NOT wrestle for PK survivability. A regular parry/alch/dexxer without any of those skills would be very tanky vs PKs, if nothing else because they would have 120 strength and very strong heal potions.
Well, I was quoting Sean (whose premise of this thread is people should be taking Resist on their PvM builds.)

You were mentioned by Duck who said that you were saying take Resist/wrestle to which I replied:

“Yes Black posts how he's doing with various builds, and he's reported on how damage is super crippled in most builds when you try to squeeze resist and wrestle in. Which affects your GPH. If I can kill stuff fast, leave and bank it, and do it again... it's better than farming really slow while I'm waiting for a PK(s) to come jump me.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I fully support you running a glass cannon build. I apologize in advance for all of the gold I’ll be taking from you.

A dexxer has a fighting skill and parrying. Two skills that limit the effectiveness of halberd swings. Then with heal pots and strength pots, they are much better off. They aren’t a glass cannon.

You can cast gheal comfortably through a explo Ebolt halberd harm Ebolt... ebolt. You can also run offscreen. Possibly to a recall spot.

You can’t cast gheal comfortably from an explo Ebolt halberd harm attack. You also aren’t going to get away.