What's new

Hi

Ok so I have noticed for 2 weeks or longer now that prev bank is a ghost town also many other once flourishing areas are now depleted with not many noops around. Maybe because this server was design to make players not play by taking them out the game they are trying to play let me explain....red gets killed he then gets taken out of pvp what he wanted to do so he logs there goes a player gone for awhile. Now we have noop #2 wearing his aspect gear he just got that took him over a week ...he dies to reds that have way less down time then the 24 hour aspect gear...so he logs out for 24 hours because he wanted to play and use that aspect gear so now we have another player that logs out and dont come back untill "punishment" is over.. SOLUTION.... dont allow reds into dungeons at all or give reds permanent stat and skill loss that they must retrain the skills up upon death. Also lower the cool down on aspect gear you did all this work on them and have a 24 hour unbless time thats a long ass time at least make it 12 hours or ALLOW players to rebuy back the blessings on them

Owyn

Administrator
Staff member
It seems like you have some unrelated ideas in this thread.

The population of Outlands hasn't really wavered, and the banks are all quite busy. Our population averages about 1500 players at any given time, hitting peaks of 1650 and lows of 1350. The gameplay has shifted into another zone since Outlands is now 3 months old: people don't need to stand by the banks anymore since they have houses to stand in. It is also possible you logged in after a patch which is when AFK player get kicked off, so the world can often feel much less busy than when the shard has been online for multiple days.

We have changes coming to aspect gear which we feel are for the best and will address your concerns regarding that area.

Regarding reds, your idea of not allowing reds in dungeons will never happen.

If anything sometimes the red penalties are too brutal for no reason.
Case in point: Rezz at corpse creek, forgot I didn't have regs in bank to recall home. Run to house, grizzly bear on bridge, I'm at 2 HP because healers here worse than your HMO doctors. Dead again. Pay 4.4k rezz cost again, 3 hour time out reset.

Or, get rezz killed by anyone and pay that shit again. I refuse to repent (which I think is a bullshit system that goes against the plan to curb reds) so PKing is quickly becoming unprofitable unless we go out in a huge zerg like LoD, Rekt, or Boyz. and I think we have enough of that shit already.

sounds like someone is salty.
Your proposal is:
Tamer dies, loses 1-2k gold and some regs
Red dies, loses all their items, pays a gold fee, is prevented from playing their character in the intended matter for hours, and now has to macro for the next 12 hours to get their skills back.
Result: Reds ONLY roll 20 deep so as to have 0 chance of dying. Tamer rages more and has an aneurysm, bed ridden for rest of life. Becomes professional blogger on how mean people in video games can be and how they must be shot IRL.

maybe once you go red all skills are set to 50 and stats cant go over 60. then simply remove the rest of the penalties.

people would still bitch that reds are killing them....

KimG

Apprentice
#2 wearing his aspect gear he just got that took him over a week ...he dies to reds that have way less down time then the 24 hour aspect gear...so he logs out for 24 hours because he wanted to play and use that aspect gear so now we have another player that logs out and dont come back untill "punishment" is over.. SOLUTION.... dont allow reds into dungeons at all or give reds permanent stat and skill loss that they must retrain the skills up upon death. Also lower the cool down on aspect gear you did all this work on them and have a 24 hour unbless time thats a long ass time at least make it 12 hours or ALLOW players to rebuy back the blessings on them
Looks like a tamer just got pked and had his aspect gear put on cool-down.

Don't let reds into dungeons. There are single player games if you want that style of gameplay. Probably the worst idea I have ever seen. Red penalties are high my friend died with, not an insane amount of kills it was over 10k to rez, get that a few times and you are hurting for cash.

Real solution is don't be a 1 dimension player you can have up to 3 accounts there are lots of things to do on the server, faction battles, sea-fare, treasure hunting, farming on another char etc.

Your idea would kill the server, block all red from dungeons well they would quit. Give all tamers free reign to farm hassle free in a dungeon soon they would have everything they you could possible get in the game get board and then quit. Result DEAD SERVER.

Last edited:
If anything sometimes the red penalties are too brutal for no reason.
Case in point: Rezz at corpse creek, forgot I didn't have regs in bank to recall home. Run to house, grizzly bear on bridge, I'm at 2 HP because healers here worse than your HMO doctors. Dead again. Pay 4.4k rezz cost again, 3 hour time out reset.

Or, get rezz killed by anyone and pay that shit again. I refuse to repent (which I think is a bullshit system that goes against the plan to curb reds) so PKing is quickly becoming unprofitable unless we go out in a huge zerg like LoD, Rekt, or Boyz. and I think we have enough of that shit already.
Haha. Stupid orc! Can't even remember your own post.

Penalties seem okay.

That said I would love to see a flat 5 min no recall/gate/portal use timer once you've committed a murder. Let the community police itself a bit better, and this also prevents reds from sweeping every dungeon in 30 mins.

But yeah, banks have less people compared to say a couple months ago but the population hasn't really changed. Everyone has just farmed a house by now so they are chilling there.

Dungeons and the world is as active as ever if not more active. Outlands is about playing the game, not really a bank sitting type shard

Last edited: