What's new

Installing and playing UO Outlands in Linux

billy:

an older problem I had forgot I needed to fix has been corrected in the howto. install the winbind package:

sudo apt-get install winbind

This might help you.

EDIT: Oh yeah, MacOS...haha...i dunno, try to find winbind? :) It's part of the samba software suite.

I got the game running but I'm still not getting any sound unfortunately. I'm getting this error in the shell "0067:fixme:msacm:modSetVolume stub" I'm on fedora. Any ideas?
You probably need to prefix the wine command with "pasuspender"; unfortunately, no other sounds can play while UO Outlands is using the sound.

Hey, Ive been trying to get outlands working on mac, I wonder if anyone in this thread can help me.

I have wine, wine stable, wine bottler, and crossover (lmao) to work with. I managed to get the classic client and steam working so far. I have winetricks, I've tried running with dotnet. I have a full install of outlands already inside of the virtual drives program files folders. Ive tried running from wine stable terminal which doesn't work either.

If I open outlands on steam i get an anim.mul error.

If I open the UO Outlands icon i get a return 255 error.

If i put everything in a wineskin, when I double click the skin no window appears, just the wine skin icon appears on my app bar. I've tried all sorta different settings for this. there is a last run log option in wineskin and these are the errors I get.
err: plugplay:runloop_thread Couldn't open IOHIDManager.
err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
I've tried looking up fixes for this, but nothing I've done has worked. If anyone has any ideas, let me know! TY!

Hi! We would be very grateful if a step by step manual of how to set up UO Outland on mac OS could be posted. I know that it is not only me who is facing such issue. Thank you in advance.