What's new

Locked Dungeon Chest Respawn Timers

A bunch of us lock pickers have been gathering info and putting together re spawn timers on chests. For instance-

Level 2 chest 1 hour 15 minutes
Level 5 Chest 1 hour 30 minutes and some even noticed 2 hours.

A lot of these times have been noted in Aegis Keep. Our collaborated suggestion is to lower the timers by at least half. In BETA there was very little competition on locked chests. Now on release, the Lock Picking job for dungeon currency/item is pretty much useless compared to every other way of farming, i.e dexers, mages, tamers, summoners.
Thank you for reading and please add any missed info.

Last edited:
case DifficultyValue.Worthless: m_ResetTime = DateTime.UtcNow + TimeSpan.FromHours(Utility.RandomMinMax(.25, .5)); break;

case DifficultyValue.VeryEasy: m_ResetTime = DateTime.UtcNow + TimeSpan.FromHours(Utility.RandomMinMax(.5, 1)); break;

case DifficultyValue.Easy: m_ResetTime = DateTime.UtcNow + TimeSpan.FromHours(Utility.RandomMinMax(.75, 1.5)); break;

case DifficultyValue.Average: m_ResetTime = DateTime.UtcNow + TimeSpan.FromHours(Utility.RandomMinMax(1, 2)); break;

case DifficultyValue.Difficult: m_ResetTime = DateTime.UtcNow + TimeSpan.FromHours(Utility.RandomMinMax(1.5, 3)); break;

case DifficultyValue.VeryDifficult: m_ResetTime = DateTime.UtcNow + TimeSpan.FromHours(Utility.RandomMinMax(2, 4)); break;

case DifficultyValue.ExtremelyDifficult: m_ResetTime = DateTime.UtcNow + TimeSpan.FromHours(Utility.RandomMinMax(12, 24)); break; //Mini-Boss Room

case DifficultyValue.NearlyImpossible: m_ResetTime = DateTime.UtcNow + TimeSpan.FromDays(Utility.RandomMinMax(3, 5)); break; //Boss Room

Last edited:
I second this motion.

As a fellow lockpicker it has been quite competitive to find high level dungeon chests. Don't get me wrong... competition should be present however, it shouldn't take a player 60+ minutes to find an available chest for an attempt at a skill gain/lewtz.

Very much so and an AVERAGE chest shouldn't have a good chance of killing a player. A Hour for an average chest to respawn isway over the top. Maybe back in beta with no one really running dungeon lpers but with 50 people it is ridiculous.

The blank map hoarder makes some good points. The timers are way too high on lower end chests, making training fairly difficult and I usually have to resort to the training box

3 to 4 hours for what are the last two training levels of chests is excessive gatekeeping. It is not like anyone is getting rich off these chests, any build can farm gold better really. Basically comes down to there being no content as far as dungeon chests at this point.

3 to 4 hours for what are the last two training levels of chests is excessive gatekeeping. It is not like anyone is getting rich off these chests, any build can farm gold better really. Basically comes down to there being no content as far as dungeon chests at this point.
So true and I Almost regret making my first character as a lock picker. With training costs and such I have no house while my friends who have played less have a house, vendors and 100k. Im stuck at 20k due over night macroing and low chest loot values

edit- this is not cartography gameplay. i have been told there are thousands of chests in the game. there are only hundreds in dungeons.

Last edited:
I agree it could be tweaked a bit, but I wouldn't say half it. You have to play more than just whatever dungeon is + skill gain that week to find chests. This week I completed 150 (i think) levels in Oss and 225 levels in Pulma for society quests. On top of that I have gotten my picker to 99.1 Remove Trap and 94 LP. This was all done with only 1 over night session on the training box to gain Remove Trap so I wasn't killing myself trying to get LP gains. It is frustrating to run a dungeon to only get 1 or 2 chests, but there are a lot of dungeons. If anything add some more level 4-5 chests in place of some of the 2-3's in the main dungeons and add more 2-3's to the newbie dungeon so a player can get to 70 like all the other skills on newbie.

As for loot, its god awful. I dont think I should be getting rich off the chests, but covering costs and being competitive with other "trades" would be nice. A couple junk spell scrolls, 250 gold, some wire that ill never use, and maybe 1 magic item in a level 5 chest is junk.

Are you guys generally happy wth the respawn timers now?

It's just that I find nearly all the chests I visit are empty. But I am still brand new to using lockpicking on this shard so maybe I've just been unlucky?

there are tons of chests, usually the ones near the entrance are picked. Try heading further down where level 4+ chests are.
Pro tip: use your training box between dungeon chests to get even more gains as picking open a dungeon chest activates the Active Buff 5x bonus