What's new

Lockpicker Frustrations

I don't see how anyone can possibly complete the society weekly job for the level 7-8 chests with their current c/d and the amount of pickers on here.
I got to 9/10 this week (my closest) and that was even with checking several chest locations at weird hours even when I got up in the middle of the night to piss. Big surprise, CHESTS STILL NOT UP!
I bring my laptop to work and check chests in my bits of downtime, ALL PICKED!
I was hoping the new dungeon logout patch would have fixed this but unfortunately, I see no real improvement.

Please set the society jobs to be just x amount of chest levels, even dungeon specific is fine and usually doable, or make some changes that let us get these done. It's frustrating funneling all these pickers into such skim content to get these points. It is unlike any other society job as you have to run/stealth your ass ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way down there only to be let down...time after time, while other jobs require resources that can simply be bought, or grinding mobs.

120 picking and remove trap should also get some kind of perk to help with this. Maybe give a 24hr cooldown that lets you spawn a high level chest in a specific dungeon or something...idk. Maybe one could tell you upon entering dungeon if the lvl 7 and 8 are picked or locked. I've wasted hours upon HOURS just running down to bottom floors alone. Then there's also getting your ass blown off while removing trap factor(120 with good tools, still happens lol), murder squads, trolls, drunken stealth mistakes in crowded mob rooms, etc.

/rant

Happy Friday!

Last edited:
I made the mistake of choosing that society job a few weeks ago. I didn't make the mistake of choosing it again this week. Picking 10 lvl 7/8s in a week is absurd. It should be pick 5 maximum.

Somehow I was able to get 9/10 in a single day. Got the last chest the following mid morning. Also, two of those chests were 8's.
Luck was on my side that day.
However I agree, 10 chests is excluding quite a few people from ever completing it.

Kilgu

Legendary
2-3 skill orbs
6-8 cores
3-4 extracts
5-6 mastery scrolls
a couple level 7 or 8 tmaps
10k gold, random gems and weapons/armor

What drops on them?
A couple thousand gold, maybe a gold trap wire, and if you're lucky, some crappy armor. Picking lvl 7's and 8's is a huge let down. The biggest reward is knowing you got to pick it, and now no one else can for some hours or days.

2-3 skill orbs
6-8 cores
3-4 extracts
5-6 mastery scrolls
a couple level 7 or 8 tmaps
10k gold, random gems and weapons/armor

A couple thousand gold, maybe a gold trap wire, and if you're lucky, some crappy armor. Picking lvl 7's and 8's is a huge let down. The biggest reward is knowing you got to pick it, and now no one else can for some hours or days.

So who is full of shit here?

At least one of us, that's for sure.

The real reward, as Klaus stated, is getting the actual chest. Lockpicking is only a good money maker when you do treasure maps.

At least one of us, that's for sure.

The real reward, as Klaus stated, is getting the actual chest. Lockpicking is only a good money maker when you do treasure maps.
Well, at least I won't be so disappointed when I actually find one not already picked.

Yeah the lockpicking Society jobs needs an overhaul... The main issue is everyone needs to lockpick at the same dungeon, so you have one dungeon with the chests always opened and the others left with probably all chests intact. It's already a pretty good grind to do all lvls in a single week, and you still have to deal with getting to the dungeon only to find all chests opened... Sucks! It would be great if it was random dungeon for everyone or just make them lockpicking in any dungeon, I don't know....

As a new picker, not knowing what I'm doing really, and only 100 lockpicking/rt - I had absolutely no issues doing the 200+ level's of dungeon picking, this week there was one for just any levels, and two for specific dungeons (petram & pulma).. And quite lucrative at that I found for my playtime. I can't do 7's & 8's, so I didn't even bother taking them, but I did check on those two chests each time, and never once in my 10-12 runs I did through the dungeon was I able to find one of those not opened.

I don't believe everyone should be able to achieve every society job, every week, it devalues the whole race for points, the whole rewards, all of it. Some of them should be stretch goals, and you may just not make it. With that said I think my first experience highlights a problem with the dungeon picking routes in general, that people here are sharing. Because they are static, everyone skips the lower level chest, and heads straight for the higher level chests, which are more lucrative. (Sounds a lot like PvM)

I'd love to see a purpose for the lower level chests, or some incentive. I'd love to see a system where when a chest respawns, it has a low chance to spawn a higher level chest in it's place, so pickers are encouraged to check all the chests, it gives them a reason to. Maybe Dungeon L1 can spawn L1-4, L2 can spawn 3-6, and L3 spawns 5-8... Get rid of the 1 spot that a level 8 spawns, and make it a little more random..

It's aesthetically pleasing that the 7/8 are associated with the [mini-]bosses, but realistically they have absolutely nothing to do with each other besides being in the same room. The chest/boss don't spawn on the same timer. You can pick the chest without killing the boss. $ and LOD don't do anything except kill bosses including even picking the chest after the bosses.

I also agree with everything Kidden said about jobs. If you complaining about 250 levels of lock picking, you obviously haven't seen 'craft 76 exceptional avarite lockpicks', and 'kill 73 infernal knights'

On that note.... paragon DUNGEON chests would be nice. And picking jobs for those too ;)

Last edited: