What's new

Lockpicker Frustrations

Might be going off-topic here but I wish everyone had random society jobs instead of everyone having the same jobs every week. For the monster hunter society jobs, everyone is going after the same monsters (it was raw fire spawns this week). For the lockpicking jobs, everyone is going into the same dungeon. Wouldn't it benefit all if the jobs were random to each IP? Or at least a set of like 5 different jobsets split up between the populace? i.e. "oh you got the kill 50 pigs quest? I got the kill 44 harpies"

It would help a lot if we could suggest more jobs. I honestly can't think of anything good. Here's some terrible ideas to get the ball rolling:

-'Loot 25k gold from chests'
-'Loot 4 extracts from chests'
-'Use a bronze lockpick to pick X levels'
-'Trap a 7/8 with your own trap to kill the next picker who comes through. Extra points if it's Klaus'

Might be going off-topic here but I wish everyone had random society jobs instead of everyone having the same jobs every week. For the monster hunter society jobs, everyone is going after the same monsters (it was raw fire spawns this week). For the lockpicking jobs, everyone is going into the same dungeon. Wouldn't it benefit all if the jobs were random to each IP? Or at least a set of like 5 different jobsets split up between the populace? i.e. "oh you got the kill 50 pigs quest? I got the kill 44 harpies"
What would it benefit? Individual players? Dilution of points? The whole purpose is to give people some goals to farming, to make sure they brush up against other people in the world out there. The world feels fuller, and more alive, when you constantly run into others.. Next time you are killing raw fires, team up with the other guys you run into, take em down that much faster.. It's amazing what a social game an MMO can be, if you just embrace it..

Yeah it was great to team up with people for the raw fires this week, I don't know if I would've been able to finish that job if I hadn't, and it was definitely more fun.

But with the lockpicker jobs, is it even possible to team up? I just started my lockpicker so I haven't tried those jobs yet, but it sounds like they just aren't realistic given the limited numbers of chests.

Definitely not possible to team up - and I can't do level 7 or 8's, so can't speak to those, though I see how few there are, so can understand the frustration there, but for the tmaps, or dungeon levels in picking, they really weren't hard to achieve..

Well it appears this thread fell on deaf ears.
Once again we have the society quest only achievable by a small percentage of players due to respawn timer of these chests.

1555115806162.png

God speed and may the best pickers win!

I manage to find 2 level 7's last night, and 1 last week, was my first time finding any..now that I've been into picking for about 4 weeks, totally understand the frustrations, I think one improvement if not dynamic locations for chests so people couldn't run straight to the level 7/8 and check them, would be more dynamic levels, giving players a reason to check all the chest locations instead of just doings current 6/7/8's...

We need a society job for picking open locked Paragon Chests.

Double-win since it also encourages player interaction (lockpicking for hire) to fulfill the required # of chests.

Rydia

Apprentice
We need a society job for picking open locked Paragon Chests.

Double-win since it also encourages player interaction (lockpicking for hire) to fulfill the required # of chests.
What's the point in a society job that will simply make people horde the locked chests until the society job is up? Seems like that would 1.) not really be a society "job" in the sense that it's a weekly goal and gets people to do different things they wouldn't otherwise do, and 2.) merely adds more value to cost of paragons and increases demand.

What's the point in a society job that will simply make people horde the locked chests until the society job is up? Seems like that would 1.) not really be a society "job" in the sense that it's a weekly goal and gets people to do different things they wouldn't otherwise do, and 2.) merely adds more value to cost of paragons and increases demand.
Ok. Solved by chests only eligible for a # of hours/days after being spawned into the world.

Although... the entirety of crafting Society Jobs are subject to exactly this as well.
Stockpile/horde up on valorite, etc so that you can easily craft everything for that job in a day.

If you are opposed to the entirety of crafting Society Jobs as well, I could see a valid argument here.

2.) merely adds more value to cost of paragons and increases demand.
Would value & demand increase? Yes.
Are value/demand increases necessarily a good or bad outcome? No.

Well it appears this thread fell on deaf ears.
Once again we have the society quest only achievable by a small percentage of players due to respawn timer of these chests.

View attachment 1858

God speed and may the best pickers win!
Hahah, I know! and I have 1/10 so far... I think I'll probably get to 3 or 4 for the whole week if I'm lucky. I guess I'm just screwing up everyone else's chance of completing it too. FUN