What's new

Lumberjacking Damage Bonus Fix

Lumberjacks currently have to use an axe. Miners do not have to use a pickaxe. Please fix this simple problem by making the Lumberjack damage bonus (pvm and pvp respectively) work for ALL swords weapons. Its an easy and obvious oversight and probably should have been done long ago.

If I want to pvm or pvp with one Im stuck using only an axe or else lose a damage bonus. At times this is problematic for obvious reasons (predictability anyone?). I also feel this is a relic from old UO that just hasn't gotten enough attention. I'd like to switch to a hally when pvping sometimes and get that bonus rather than wondering why I didn't make my miner a pvper instead. A bit redundant but thanks for checking this out. -D

While I'm not against the change, most people don't PvP with their resource gatherers, due to the time investment to level the skills - with other supplemental damage skills here that are much faster to raise (camping, Tracking, Forensics), they tend to lead towards those.

I wish it did. The hally DOES NOT count as an axe. and thats exactly the problem. It should just work for all swords weapons. Otherwise, why have mining have a bonus that works for ALL macing weapons???? Not to mention the fact that macing is superior to swords ANYWAY! But I digress...

Last edited:

Kilgu

Legendary
Maybe it was removed during that bug with the servers crashing if you tried to lumberjack with the hally.
Or for pvp balance. Hally hits can be devastating if RNGesus is with you and adding in extra damage would really make some duels over with a hally + explode combo

Maybe it was removed during that bug with the servers crashing if you tried to lumberjack with the hally.
Or for pvp balance. Hally hits can be devastating if RNGesus is with you and adding in extra damage would really make some duels over with a hally + explode combo

No, there is a 20% limit to extra pvp damage. I believe that Lumberjacking is a part of that type of damage. Unless your saying it works like anatomy. Some clarification *cough* (Luthius) would be in order perhaps? From my reading of the wiki doesn't the bonus work just like Tracking (10% at GM)? If so it would be part of the normal pvp extra damage cap. So either your argument is wrong because that isn't how it works, or..... Lumberjacking's bonus is more like Anatomy. I wouldn't mind hearing anyones observations on this.

Lumberjacking bonus has always been only for true axes. The mining->mace bonus is the new kid here.

Maybe make the mining bonus for the Warhammer only? Because that's the only true 2-H hammer (if mining gives bonus to staffs then that's BS).

In any case:
Otherwise, why have mining have a bonus that works for ALL macing weapons????
Aren't there just as many macing weapons as there are axes? It's like seven.