What's new

Lumberjacking PvP Bonus

So just raise tracking a or another easy skill. Lumber-jacking primary function is resource gathering not PVP.
Not's not very sound reasoning for not making the damage on par with tracking, it makes a lot more sense to me to make these 20% damage (LJ / Mining), so they all have equal value, and it's a matter of choosing utility (which chopping trees does none for PvP) for your character.

Not's not very sound reasoning for not making the damage on par with tracking, it makes a lot more sense to me to make these 20% damage (LJ / Mining), so they all have equal value, and it's a matter of choosing utility (which chopping trees does none for PvP) for your character.
WTF are you talking about.

PvM
  • Increases damage with Axe weapons against creatures by (25% * (Lumberjacking Skill / 100))

PvP
  • Increases damage with Axe weapons against players by (10% * (Lumberjacking Skill / 100))
That is on par with tracking and camping etc. So it is sound reasoning

Idea is for more than par damage increase because it is "hard to raise" yet that is because it is a gathering skill primarily. If you are making a pvp char zero reason to go lumberjacking for dmg bonus.

Tracking, Camping Forensic gives you the same dmg bonus plus utility. Tracking,hamstring or fast travel.

I agree it should be higher. The same should apply to mining bonus to two handed mace weapons. It only applies to certain weapons, so makes some cool concept characters possible without being op.

WTF are you talking about.

PvM
  • Increases damage with Axe weapons against creatures by (25% * (Lumberjacking Skill / 100))

PvP
  • Increases damage with Axe weapons against players by (10% * (Lumberjacking Skill / 100))
That is on par with tracking and camping etc. So it is sound reasoning

Idea is for more than par damage increase because it is "hard to raise" yet that is because it is a gathering skill primarily. If you are making a pvp char zero reason to go lumberjacking for dmg bonus.

Tracking, Camping Forensic gives you the same dmg bonus plus utility. Tracking,hamstring or fast travel.

I apologize, during beta there was a 10% increase to LJ and mining for PvM I believe, I thought they were asking to move it to 20%.. PvM and PvP numbers being mixed in my head.

On that note the increase damage skills should all be on par with one another (which they are!), I see no reasons why LJ should have an advantage over the others...

Sorry KimG!

If they were on par, then lumberjacking bonus would apply to all weapons. Found a kick ass sword? I'd use it but I can't take advantage of my lumberjacking bonus. That's worth considering, no?

Sure I can chop wood but all those skills have other benefits. Forensic eval is better for gold anyway

Last edited:
This is the most cancerous skill in the game to raise too. Tracking can be 120 in one night AFK. I don't even think there are more than 1-2 lumberjackers that are 120. And if there are, they have done nothing but lumberjack since the start of the server. Only a career lumberjacker will ever hit 120. There is never a reason to take lumberjacking for PvM over tracking, the bonus might as well not even exist. Same for mining obviously.

The point is tracking ALSO gives + 25% in PvM and +10% in PvP, works for ALL sources of damage (not just axes), has the added ability of being able to track PKs or hidden players, can be GMed in one day while AFK. It's literally superior in every way. There is never a reason to raise lumberjacking/mining as a PvMer so the fact that it provides a PvM bonus is worthless. I'm just putting forth a reasonable suggestion to make it an actual viable skill in PvM/PvP and not take a back seat to skills like tracking in every scenario.