What's new

Make ninja corpse looters perma grey as if they stole something.

The title speaks for itself...

I suggest making it so if you loot a blue corpse you ALSO go perma grey to the person/group who won the looting rights.

Is this a short sighted suggestion? Might be I didn't think about to too long. Feels right tho.

A reasonable suggestion for an act of thievery...! IF combined with the logical implication, now that corpse looting is stealing, that then snooping must allow peeking into corpses like backpacks. That is, you're not revealed upon looking through the corpse!

I do not believe this is a good idea as majority of the server at some point will loot a blue. Are they really considered a thief? I would often say no, it was just a moment.
With the amount of nerfs on thieves as it is, we should not stack more prejudice towards them. I do not have a thieve but I support their strife. There is a reason there is a stealing skill and the act of looting are two difference mechanics.

Actually this has nothing to do with thief skills or thieves, I just found it really easy to loot peoples corpses and get away for 2 mins.

If the person who looted the corpse goes perma to the person/group who won the looting rights it would be a bit better IMO - this is just a preventative measure to combat shit lord style play and trolls.

OR Increase the grey timer after looting someones corpse.

Point is, its really easy to snatch someones loot and get away with it, then return a very short time later and do it again.

So actually if you have been following @Valor80 , I agree'ed with Franz's suggestion to buff stealth by allowing people to open corpses without breaking stealth.

Buff thieves and punish ninja looters.

Last edited:
Actually this has nothing to do with thief skills or thieves, I just found it really easy to loot peoples corpses and get away for 2 mins.

If the person who looted the corpse goes perma to the person/group who won the looting rights it would be a bit better IMO - this is just a preventative measure to combat shit lord style play and trolls.

OR Increase the grey timer after looting someones corpse.

Point is, its really easy to snatch someones loot and get away with it, then return a very short time later and do it again.

So actually if you have been following @Valor80 , I agree'ed with Franz's suggestion to buff stealth by allowing people to open corpses without breaking stealth.

Buff thieves and punish ninja looters.
I don't support stealthers being able to loot and keep stealth unless the corpse is their own. edited.

Last edited:
Maybe just increase the timer but don't make them perma grey. Imagine stumbling across a tamer macroing in a dungeon and they messed up there loot corpse macro, I'm not gonna pass up that easy money, but if I'm still grey to them when they come back later on my lock picker would be no match for them, which, to me anyways, seems a bit unfair.

Stealing is unfair and dishonorful. There is NO difference in using the Skill Stealing and simple loot (steal from) corpse.

Maybe just increase the timer but don't make them perma grey. Imagine stumbling across a tamer macroing in a dungeon and they messed up there loot corpse macro, I'm not gonna pass up that easy money, but if I'm still grey to them when they come back later on my lock picker would be no match for them, which, to me anyways, seems a bit unfair.
lolz...doesn't it seem a bit unfair that you stole their loot with no risk to yourself, considering they are going to take 2 minutes getting back, and your likely a stealther on your picker anyways, so you weren't ever getting seen?

I like the suggestion, I don't think perma grey is fair, extending the timer would be more inline with what should be done I think..

Another plausible suggestion I think.
Forensic Evaluation, detective skills, if you come back to your corpse and forensic it, it'll list who has looked in your corpse (no action taken), and who has taken something from your corpse (makes them gray to you for 1 hour). Additional utility to the Forensics skill, and making it an actionable thing to extend that timer?

Great feedback thanks all.

What a cute rat!

@Valor80 Just to clarify, Franz said opening the corpse should not break stealth/hiding - he did not say looting it as well. Looting would still cause stealth/hiding to reveal the looter under @Franz Pfniffel 's suggestion. I would say Stealth (and not simply hiding) should be mandatory if that idea is to be taken into consideration by staff.

Great feedback thanks all.

What a cute rat!

@Valor80 Just to clarify, Franz said opening the corpse should not break stealth/hiding - he did not say looting it as well. Looting would still cause stealth/hiding to reveal the looter under @Franz Pfniffel 's suggestion. I would say Stealth (and not simply hiding) should be mandatory if that idea is to be taken into consideration by staff.
Almost correct! The skill allowing this would specificaly be snooping. This gives thieves an edge in regards to other stealthers, and would be in line with the whole "looters=thieves" reasoning. I could even stretch as far as saying GM snooping would be needed for this extra ability, which would give extra motivation in gming this toughest of skills (@chumbucket ).

Rydia

Apprentice
Don't see any problem with this really.

They should also allow GM Forensics to do it's usual UO-duty of detecting perma-grey status then so that opportunistic looters could be put to justice.