What's new

Mules.Mining and Lumberjacking

So what if we give Mule's a way to protect themselfs like if you have mining and a pickaxe equip it should act like a weapon skill but only for pickaxes. Same for Lumberjackers for like hatchets or something. This would give us a way to protect our mules instead of being a easy pk target's.

my dude, your mule won't be able to fend off, let alone defeat, a 7x pk unless your pickaxe shot deathrays or your hatchet gave you 5000 str, equivilent to that of paul bunyan. Miners have been getting blasted in Minoc for 20 years and I don't see that changing barring some very creative (?) tweaks. Perhaps a miner could dig a hole, go inside it, and become invulnerable for a while, or attack while burrowed like a lurker. Maybe a lumberjack could cut down trees that block the path of his assailant. Maybe a pickaxe could summon a medivac dropship that would ferry you off to go mine more minerals elsewhere.

Give your mules the right templates.. A tank with mining or lumberjacking can survive PK'a quite well, the bonuses to mining/lumberjacking aren't meant to make everyone become one, but to make it so if you chose that path it wasn't a dead skill in protecting yourself while out in the wild, but that only works if you compliment the skill with other skills that work.. weapon/tactics/parry/resist/ etc..

And put tracking on him as well for the DMG and red alert system.. I know plenty of "mules" who chop down the 7x reds who stalk them...

115 mining
100 healing
85 resist
100 magery
100 meditation
100 macing
100 tactics

This is pretty much what I play as my miner.

It doesn't do massive damage. 8ish % less than 100 anatomy. But it has magic reflect, bandages and can gheal dumps. You can trap your own pouches and fight back with defensive and offensive interrupts along with macing weapons using instant hit. I have died to very few PKS and killed plenty. The best part is now you can murder other miners and kill their packhorses so much less competition.

Learn how to PVP on a med warrior and your pretty much playing one of the best templates in the game for PVP with a slight damage nerf.

The only downside is no hamstring. But so many people don't carry enough Stam pots that they don't even realize they run out. Then get stamlocked to death. I mean let's face it people pking miners above people in dungeons are bottom of the barrel or defending their caves.

KimG

Apprentice
So what if we give Mule's a way to protect themselfs like if you have mining and a pickaxe equip it should act like a weapon skill but only for pickaxes. Same for Lumberjackers for like hatchets or something. This would give us a way to protect our mules instead of being a easy pk target's.
100 Tracking

60 Mage or 40 Mage with Recall scrolls

Evac macro

You will never ever die to a PK

A good PK build vs some micro combat build with a pickaxe or hatchet will do fuck all.