What's new

Multiclient pvm

there are 2 ways i see atm, one is called having some balls and being fair and the other is to allow recall into any dungeon anywhere.
with the current system dungeons are a 99% safe zone and i disagree with this philosophy.
not sure if i like when Mr [ $ ] W then goes around the forum and tells every newb that got PKed to just multiclient to be safe.
i understand that problems dont get solved by sweeping them under the carpet but you know.. it really kills all of my motivation to play here when you just cheat us and in the end even yourself and tell others to do the same.

the truth is that we all need to make ourself a little vulnerable to make this work, we all wanted felucca but with surveilance cams everywhere, people dropping loot on alts etc this is nothing but well disguised trammel.

because there is not a good way to stop it with code.

and 24/7 policing of 1700+ clients is not even close to be possible.
disagree.
In addition of various code work arounds.

policing of 1542547 people on the roads is done by a much smaller police force..

what would be policed here, would be a small amount of choke points

Last edited:
disagree.
In addition of various code work arounds.

policing of 1542547 people on the roads is done by a much smaller police force..

what would be policed here, would be a small amount of choke points
there is nothing you can do code wise.
everything would just harm normal players more as any hardcore player.

there is a diffrent between policing irl and online. its much easier to change/fake identidy online.

Saying there's nothing you can do code-wise is BS and shortsighted. Right off the top of my head, i'd say they could only allow 1 character per IP into the same dungeon at any given time. Does it fix every situation? Nope, but it would prevent alot of this.

And is this the best solution? Probably not, but for 10 seconds of thinking, it's better than just 'nothing you can do'

Saying there's nothing you can do code-wise is BS and shortsighted. Right off the top of my head, i'd say they could only allow 1 character per IP into the same dungeon at any given time. Does it fix every situation? Nope, but it would prevent alot of this.

And is this the best solution? Probably not, but for 10 seconds of thinking, it's better than just 'nothing you can do'
how would fix 1 ip anything ?

alot ppl would run all clients on diffrent ips.

it it only harm ppl who dont want or cant do it.

Well we found one person who is off the NASA team, who is not curing any diseases and who is not going to be the first black midget to win a gold medal in an Olympic swimming competition.

If this is a big problem there are work arounds, and the human spirit will overcome!!

how about ghosts are unable to see players around the entrance of a dungeon.

And characters Afking around the entrance are given a warning. 2nd time an IP address is warned it gets a 1 wk ban. 3rd time an even harsher penalty

ppl using diffrent ips for each account
I imagine its still a time sink for most people. to create accounts and characters just to afk guard a dungeon entrance.
(things would further be difficult, if there were mobs who hunted down characters by the entrace of dungeons. and ghosts couldnt see people by entrances of dungeons)

outside of this if people keep creating throw away IP address accounts then thats fine IMO. it will deter most people

Why is this even allowed? If you attack someone who's multiclienting, it always turns into them using both accounts to fight back, or them using their ghost to scout
Ultima Online Outlands: The cry baby era. Not sure if this is cause it's the PC 2018 era, or we just have a soft player base.

Some of you just really need to toughen up a bit.

I'm a pk and therefore encounter this more often than not, rather than crying for changes/paging a gm, I god damned adapt and kill 2 players instead of 1 = winning.

Ultima Online Outlands: The cry baby era. Not sure if this is cause it's the PC 2018 era, or we just have a soft player base.

Some of you just really need to toughen up a bit.

I'm a pk and therefore encounter this more often than not, rather than crying for changes/paging a gm, I god damned adapt and kill 2 players instead of 1 = winning.
We got a tough guy over here.