What's new

Murder count cheese (Suicide in safe area to give count)

What do you mean not actually attacking them? That is absurd. The example you keep asking for has already been provided. If I am in my aspect and a blue or 2 try to gank me and put the suit on CD I basically would have to leave or die. Clearly I don't want to stick around and fight in my aspect suit so I would run my ass to the gate and take off, if I make it, I should absolutely punish them by counting. If I don't make it and am killed, I will also count. You are suggesting that if the person escapes, the attackers should be free of punishment, I disagee. This isn't "grasping at straws", this is UO and blues attack other blues all the time, and they ought be help accountable as current mechanics allow.

I don't think you are even bothering to read these posts are you @El Horno ? "Not actually attacking them" is in reference to AreYouKidden's post, not yours...

There is a "Grey area" right in between blue and red.. What is the grey for Horno? Based on your logic, maybe you should suggest to simply remove the grey flag and just turn people red upon any aggressive action to any other player.. because that is exactly where your logic is leading to. Major face palm here dude!

Do you think this is an intended mechanic - to suicide count in safe areas? Or does it seem more like a bug / exploit? Be honest.

You guys have got to understand that this suggestion is based out of concern for new players to UO, and new players to this server. This topic is well thought out, tried tested and true, and a very important thing that UO servers have to deal with. All of them.

You guys may be the type to only post or suggest for your own selfish reasons, and try to change things for your own sole benefit, perhaps... This is not me, I want to be clear about that. I suggest things that sometimes by coincidence are in my benefit, but are suggested for the benefit of the server as a whole. Now, its not that I'm super special or anything, there are lots of people around here who are reasonable good thinkers.... Unfortunately for the most part you nay sayer's are not of this ilk. You guys are defending toxic grief tactics that have already been solved time and time again, and are presenting them to be a good and viable modes of game play, please stop.

So, relax and think about it a little more... Try to put yourself in the shoes of other people, namely the people entering into the game for the first time, or at least the first time in a long time. If you want to contribute to this server being the first server in history that breaks out of the classic UO community and into the next level of modern gaming then you will have to set your biases aside here. Your thinking on at least this matter has been very flawed and short sighted, and I cant help but notice that you guys are only hanging onto this so you can get this super garbage "last laugh" style of grief on people. Very shameful.

Wake up and smell the coffee boys... Because I've seen how bad these things can get if this topic is left alone and nothing is done. Clearly you haven't, or are choosing to ignore the severity of the situation for whatever reason.

Turn on query. This has been mentioned plenty before. You can't accidentally attack anyone with that turned on. And if your using field spells that's just how it works. You can't base it on recall cause say I run through your field spell go die to a monster in the same dungeon. Still gonna count you.

KimG

Apprentice
Do you think this is an intended mechanic - to suicide count in safe areas? Or does it seem more like a bug / exploit? Be honest.

You guys have got to understand that this suggestion is based out of concern for new players to UO, and new players to this server. This topic is well thought out, tried tested and true, and a very important thing that UO servers have to deal with. All of them.
Yes this is an intended mechanic if you attack someone and they die anywhere you are liable for that. Use care when casting spells.

You think this needs to be changed for new players that is wrong this is the perfect lesson for new players to UO, This is not a modern safe zone game where you can make a lapse in judgement, there are consequences to how you play and what you do so tread cautiously.

WELCOME TO UO.

If you need a safety net when playing a game lots of games out there to play.

Elric

Apprentice
Also, there isn't enough questions on these forums of whether the situation or perceived "bug" is intentional or not. Most things are probably not as such and that is the server owner's intent. They should then provide the answer of "yes, that is intentional" or "no, I think that is something we need to take a look at".

there should be perma long term counts for blues that kill people every few days. Its odd they are able to he blue murderers , from a role-playing perspective it doesnt make sense. from a server longevity perspective it doenst make sens either (im ok with occassional protect your friends/go kill... but every few days is a bit much)

yea is this becoming a movement? This has always been a thing in UO and a way to combat fence sitters and cherry pickers. now ya'll are asking for a bit too much.

If someone gets decked out in their valorite magic gear or whatever and is pvming, and some random blue just sits and watches them pvming just waiting for them to get low to try and gank them. The person getting stalked should have some counter play. If the person trying to gank is unable to close the kill out, then he risks taking a count. simple.

being sad they cant keep trying over and over with no repurcusions if they fail and are countered appropriately?

hard pass on this.