What's new

Never played UO

Am I in for a world of hurt? I'd really like to try this as it looks/sounds amazing but even after just perusing the forums a bit, it seems like a rather steeplearning curve. I've never played UO... will this be newbie friendly or am I gonna get azz blasted? I've heard the discord is full of people willing to help at least and i'm pretty burned out after years on P99... looking for a game to make my home as nothing out there right now really grabs me, thanks in advance everyone!

Beard Brothers guild is always willing to help new players learn the basics. It's a non-PvP guild, so if you're interested in that there's no pressure to join BB, but we'll still help you learn. Let me know if you're interested.

Honestly this is probably the best shard to get started with great population, Lots of friendly players. You will learn as you play though that PvP is not something you can avoid forever. There will always be players on UO that will kill you and take everything. So the PvP scene in UO can be very intimidating to new people to the game. but its something you can either Avoid or embrace. I would honestly tell you to join a new player friendly guild! Like a_white_wyrm Says Beard brothers. lone wolfing on UO as a fresh new players can be really hard and can make or break new people to the community so having people to help you is ideal for this game.

Last edited:
Thanks to you both! I logged in last night and tried to figure out what was going on but was utterly confused. Shelter Island seems very small and all I could find was some dude with like 10 deer around him taming? Didn't even see anything to attack... I think i'll probably reach out for help in the discord

Thanks to you both! I logged in last night and tried to figure out what was going on but was utterly confused. Shelter Island seems very small and all I could find was some dude with like 10 deer around him taming? Didn't even see anything to attack... I think i'll probably reach out for help in the discord
Shelter island doesnt ahve anything to attack on it except training npc's. The newbie dungeon how so ever does. but when i was first starting that place was my bane i got killed in there because mobs ganged up on you and allot of the rooms have ALLOT of mobs in them

I'm such a noob I couldn't even find the newbie dungeon lol... ended up loosely following some random starter guides I found and was much more successful last night, played until around 1am and was having a blast

Beard Brothers guild is always willing to help new players learn the basics. It's a non-PvP guild, so if you're interested in that there's no pressure to join BB, but we'll still help you learn. Let me know if you're interested.
I'd love to join, although I do have some odd play hours these days due to my 2-month old daughter. I have a beard also so I believe my requirements are met! How do I go about this?

Let me know a time I can meet you in-game to throw you an invite to the guild. You'll need to be approved by a Legendary Beard member of the guild but I can get you in the system for it.

Do you use Discord for chatting? It's our primary mode of communication.