What's new

New to mage on outlands

Hello there, your local Bomby here.

I've been having a blast grinding on my dexxer but it's time for a mage.

Actually I need two templates from you guys out there if you will.

1. a PvM mage Template(not taming), and 2. Pvp Mage temp.

Seems I'm training a Summoner mage right now because spirit speak raises at the same time as magery, ei. med. ect, but I just want to know for sure the best template to go for.

Any help is much appreciated!

Imo the tried and true tankmage is still good here.

100 Sword
100 Tact
100 Mage
100 Eval int
100 Med
100 Wrestle
100 Resist

For PVE you could try a hybrid summoner/PvP and basically just replace Sword/Tact with Spirit Speak and either camping, tracking, or forensic eval for more magic damage and whatever other of those perks you like.

The more I play here the more I'm finding myself moving toward characters that aren't pure PvE because they are just free food for reds.

pvp:
classic hally mage is only good for duels in the arena, and you can set templates there anyways, so no need to limit yourself to that template.
1v1s in the field aren't a thing anyways, since its impossible to die, but if you wanted the best template for that, it would be a hally mage with hamstring (the template the guy above posted, but including 80 tracking and dropping some other skills to 80).
for group fights, a classic hally mage is by far the worst choice and i would either go archery mage or the hamstring hally mage mentioned above, or maybe even some kind of pure mage template with hamstring (depending on the kind of pvp and group sizes).

@ZtruK For sure, I am totally doing Hally mage for my pvp mage. I played that server, what was it called, stratics? It was a t2a server so I'm totally rdy for hally mage, also played uoF, but meh, don't really like the pvp there as much as outlands. Thanks for the advice.

@RioReiser And that Clarifies it a little bit more, thank you. Yeah I've been watching a few streams, and seeing the hamstring hally mage, or archer mage, so I'm gonna have to be putting some work in training.

Which is another thing, that has been hindering me. Training mage... We really need a mage training guide that is pretty efficient. I get tips from ppl, but it seems like I don't gain that much. I'm at 76 magery. But I am still just testing everyone's methods. Seems just casting on things in the dungeon is the best way to go whilst hunting n stuff.

@zekameka Heal mage!! Should be really good here! Only thing is you probably should have tracking wrestling for the hamstring. I think with anat+wrestle on some shards there was a nice evasion bonus. I have so much to research here.. also on some shards it did a stun, not here though I'm sure. It's all about the hamstring here. Pretty controversial if you ask me.

Thanks for getting back at me dudes. Hope to be pvping soon.

@Bomby
anatomy and wrestling gives hamstring as well. but i would still go for 5x+healing+tracking instead of anatomy if you wanted to go that route, simply because tracking adds spell damage and anatomy does basically nothing other than enabling hamstring, which tracking does as well, and slightly boosting your bandage heals which isn't really needed.
5xmage + heal + tracking is nice for PKing in dungeons with bigger groups since you don't need weapon damage when you got enough ppl and the heal is nice to get some bandages off when running through dungeons and taking dmg from mobs. its a pretty lackluster template for smaller fights like 2v2 though.

@zekameka Heal mage!! Should be really good here! Only thing is you probably should have tracking wrestling for the hamstring. I think with anat+wrestle on some shards there was a nice evasion bonus. I have so much to research here.. also on some shards it did a stun, not here though I'm sure. It's all about the hamstring here. Pretty controversial if you ask me.
You already have hamstring from anatomy + wrestling

PvM and PvP I recommend two templates.

5x mage + spirit speak and either inscribe or tracking. this template is good for pvp and pvm. no need to make 2 separate templates. and you can PvM in dungeons while you are PvMing.

the other

5x mage + poisoning and swords. this seems like a good idea to me. Poison the monsters with your sword then cast spells on the monsters. and then for PvP, it works just like a tank mage but you whack the person with a DPed katana instead of a hally.

bio out.