What's new

New to UO, bunch of questions

Instead of clogging the sub-section with multiple threads, i thought i should make a big one

Where do you buy bandages? Are they craftable? (Found em at the healer, craft with scissors on cloth)

How do you identify items?

Should i sell my leather or more useful to dump on a crafting alt?

When you buy a horse, what happens to it when you enter a dungeon?

My armor chest piece broke, should i have repaired it before it broke?

I was following a template, forgot to turn down int, its now at 12, can it be brought down?

Is there a limit to bankspace, is there a weight limit on your character?

Im stuck between players, they seem to be in the perfect spot that if you drop from a ledge, you fall down to them and youre stuck in the middle?

Last edited:
Where do you buy bandages? Are they craftable? (Found em at the healer, craft with scissors on cloth)
I sheer sheep and get their wool. Then I use the spinning wheel and loom at a tailor shop. You can make lots of bandages for free with that method. Tough part is finding sheep though. Wool regrows in 10-20 minutes btw. Otherwise you can buy cloth from a tailoring vendor and cut that up into bandages.

How do you identify items?
You need the Item ID skill. I'm not sure if this shard has Item ID wands or not, but normally that's another method.

When you buy a horse, what happens to it when you enter a dungeon?
That's a new thing unique to this server. It seems to just disappear safely into hammer space until you get out.

My armor chest piece broke, should i have repaired it before it broke?
You can repair it still. I forget what happens though, it might lose a point of durability or something per repair? I dunno.. it's nothin' major though, you might even be better off replacing it since I doubt it's a valuable chest piece.

I was following a template, forgot to turn down int, its now at 12, can it be brought down?
It doesn't matter. Even in the most extreme templates, you can afford to bring it up to 25 since the max is 225 and the split is 100/100/25

Is there a limit to bankspace, is there a weight limit on your character?
Yes, I forget the exact number but yeah just like yourself there's a stone/weight limit. For yourself you can increase that limit through increasing your strength and camping skill.

Im stuck between players, they seem to be in the perfect spot that if you drop from a ledge, you fall down to them and youre stuck in the middle?
Uhh.. look, I'm trying to make sense of it all, but I can see that it makes no sense at all. Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor? 'Cause I don't think that I can take anymore. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right... here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Uhh.. look, I'm trying to make sense of it all, but I can see that it makes no sense at all. Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor? 'Cause I don't think that I can take anymore. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right... here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
haha i slipped away i think, got some msg i was camped so all in good shape not to be a pushover i guess. Thanks for all the answers!

How hard is it to respec? Like after your answers, im tempted to fit in identify but would drop it later if it messes with my template. Would also like to use a bow to pull mobs

By shears you mean scissors?

Can you loot bodies that have died hidden by a wall? (Whats up with AI going there to die XD )

Whats the next step up usually from using standard blacksmith weapon? Like im using hammers, would the next upgrade usually come from identifying drops, buying from a player, crafting myself one?

Is there a way to stop the annoying music loop TA TA, NA NA, NANANANA with the little drum? I wouldnt mind but its literally in a loop nonstop in city. Would like to not mute the game entirely

Last edited:
How hard is it to respec?
Really easy, on your skills page you can set the arrow on the right hand side of the skills to face down by clicking it and when you're at skill cap it'll lower this skill to make room for your prefered one. This is especially useful to take advantage of your 700 skill points with easily raisable/support skills you'll later drop from your template.

By shears you mean scissors?
Yeah! :D

Can you loot bodies that have died hidden by a wall?
Yeah, by holding down ctrl+shift you can see little "tags" from all the items, players etc. on your screen. You can double click, target and right click these to get what you need.

Whats the next step up usually from using standard blacksmith weapon? Like im using hammers, would the next upgrade usually come from identifying drops, buying from a player, crafting myself one?
Hard to say for this one. You could get a lucky magic weapon drop, you could see weapons going fairly cheap soon as people get their crafters up. If you're using mace fighting there's a lot of vendors selling exeptional weapons near moongates for you and the gold isn't so bad imo.

Is there a way to stop the annoying music loop TA TA, NA NA, NANANANA with the little drum? I wouldnt mind but its literally in a loop nonstop in city. Would like to not mute the game entirely
Someone else will have to field this I have literally no idea. It should stop in the future as people branch out and spend less time AFK macroing skills up but if i'm entirely honest there is always some dweeb sat at the bank playing his tamborine.

Both Steam and Razor have filters to remove bard music (as well as spirit speak, weather, day/night lighting, snooping sysmsgs and other generally annoying/spammy stuff) from the game.