What's new

Outlands r/l family players

Jack

Journeyman
People playing with their real life significant other is not unusual in UO. Fathers and sons is becoming more common. And grandpa's and grandsons! And people over 60 years old. Someone should interview some of these folks and submit an article to PC Gamers Magazine or another like publication.

I set up my laptop at a mini table/chair next to my desk and played Outlands with my 7 year old daugher the other day. She loves getting that 6 gold from mongbats. The pinnicle of her adventure is a tie between taming a giant frog in the noob dungon and naming it "Froggy" and killing a couple orcs after mastering mongbats and headless. I look forward to some grand adventures in noob dungeon in the future for sure.

I set up my laptop at a mini table/chair next to my desk and played Outlands with my 7 year old daugher the other day. She loves getting that 6 gold from mongbats. The pinnicle of her adventure is a tie between taming a giant frog in the noob dungon and naming it "Froggy" and killing a couple orcs after mastering mongbats and headless. I look forward to some grand adventures in noob dungeon in the future for sure.
That sounds great! On another shard one man's daughter had the same kind of wonder for simple things in the game. She would buy a book and write a city guide to Occlo for example. Pretty interesting to see kids living out their fantasies in that way.

That sounds great! On another shard one man's daughter had the same kind of wonder for simple things in the game. She would buy a book and write a city guide to Occlo for example. Pretty interesting to see kids living out their fantasies in that way.
Yeah it really lets you appreciate the sandbox nature of UO. Last time she played at my PC she had tamed a bunch of crap birds and junk then stabled them before she logged off. Now she wants to pay the stablemaster 135 gold to get them back. I tried to convince her it wasn't "worth it" because we can just tame new ones but nope, she must have those particlar birds. She even rememberd what she named them. So all the cash from noob dungon is doing to the stablmeaster's predatory prices.