What's new

Pure Crafter but no BOD system

Hi everyone

So i am new to this server as of this month but ive been playing uo on and off since 2002. Love the server and how everything is built and the community but i have sort of a convoluted question.

As a pure crafter, with no BOD system how do you make consistent gold? Being a new player i still dont have the 120 skill to mastercraft armor weapons or molds i obviously understand i can run a separate character to hunt and supplement my income that way but i generally enjoy the crafting of UO substantially more then i do hunting (at least right now :) ) So any suggestions? is there a system i am not taking advantage of to profit from my crafting skills ?

Thanks in advance,

JollySmith

Have a look into societies.. https://uooutlands.com/wiki/index.php?title=Societies

Basically you collect society jobs each week, and work to complete them, giving you society points, which you then put towards items hued for that society, anything from cloth, to furniture/backpack/hair dyes, to mounts, and clothing. Which can all be sold for profit, if that's the aim! It's a ton of fun, and as someone who couldn't stand the hundreds of BOD's I had, trying to mix and match for the right rewards, I find this system much easier to work with.

Order of Armorers
  • Crafting Blacksmithing or Tailoring Items
  • Crafting Exceptional Quality Blacksmithing or Tailoring Items
  • Crafting Blacksmithing or Tailoring Items With Specific Material Type
  • Crafting Exceptional Quality Blacksmithing or Tailoring Items With Specific Material Type
Tradesman Union
  • Crafting Carpentry or Tinkering Items
  • Crafting Exceptional Quality Carpentry or Tinkering Items
  • Crafting Carpentry or Tinkering Items With Specific Material Type
  • Crafting Exceptional Quality Carpentry or Tinkering Items With Specific Material Type
Artificer Enclave
  • Crafting Alchemy or Inscription Items
  • Crafting Exceptional Quality Inscription Item

Thanks,

Ive looked at them a bit but wasnt sure how i translated the rewards into a profit. Would selling the hues be something i did to other players only? is there cash involved at all in completing the society quest or simply the society currency?

If you can turn the items for a profit, then you can get gold there, however selling them to NPC's isn't viable, you'll take a loss, so you'd have to find people who want them. In general people would recycle everything they craft, take it as an expense to get the society points, then sell off the society points.. cloth, hue'd items are pretty sought out, I'm not sure on pricing or of it's viable as a means of making gold here, i'd think resource gathering would be your better bet in that regard.

Obviously if you can save up 400 points to get to a mount token, they often go for large chunks of gold, I've seen them going for 700k+ at times, depending on the society. But I think the cloth is pretty coveted as well, and it's only 15 or 30 points per i believe, so may be a quick way to turn some coin back into materials.

Awesome thanks a ton, that is all great info. I considered selling the bulk resources but it seemed counter productive since i am still not 100 or 120 in any of my crafting skills (just gm'd mining this weekend woohoo) as far as selling things the forum seems a bit slow for the actual player base here i am assuming most people use the discord trade channel?

ZtruK

Journeyman
Awesome thanks a ton, that is all great info. I considered selling the bulk resources but it seemed counter productive since i am still not 100 or 120 in any of my crafting skills (just gm'd mining this weekend woohoo) as far as selling things the forum seems a bit slow for the actual player base here i am assuming most people use the discord trade channel?
Yeah discord sell channel is where it's at. You can make one big post in there per day. I don't have a vendor but I park a character at Shelter moongate with all stuff I want to sell and put a WTS post with it all itemized in there once a day (if I'm going to be on). Usually I get a few messages right away, then more trickle in over the next day and there is some back and forth trying to catch people online to see if they still need items and setting up times to make the trade at shelter moongate. I use my forum post here just to keep my items up to date then paste it into sell when I'm ready. It also helps a ton to edit your WTS post as you make trades. You can add new items you get and people will search them out. Remove stuff so you don't keep getting PMs on stuff you don't have.

You can also rent a vendor spot from someone, and set up a vendor, listing your goods for sale, finding one by a moongate is generally a good spot, or any high traffic area. And then you can list it, and at least make back costs plus a little.

Kilgu

Legendary
Renting vendor spots is easier than ever here. If you run around and see a house with a stack of scrolls locked down outside thats a vendor contract. Click it and see if the rent price is something that would work for you. I believe there's a couple right now outside of Prevalia moongate by the bridge.