What's new

PvP/PvE Summoner

I'm interested in making a summoner who can be used for both PvP and PvE. I'm thinking 5x mage (mage/eval/med/resist/wrestle), and spirit speak + one other skill, maybe forensics for the leather and 10% PvP dmg bonus, or arms lore for disarms. Are there any skills that buff summons besides SS, and are there any benefits to using SS on a PvP build? A 5x mage should be enough to PvP anyway I figure, especially with forensics. What are your suggestions? I appreciate your feedback.

Tracking would increase your damage in pvp 10% and 20% in pvm. It would also give you the ability to track players while pvming, which is useful against pks, and you could track players that run and hide during pvp. Camping also increases your damage in pvp and pvm plus you can carry 200 more stones at 100.

The thing is, if you are going to make a PvM character, I don't see any reason at all, why you wouldn't take forensics for the extra leather you'll gather, because it's a valuable commodity, and makes your farming more worthwhile, getting you out of the dungeons quicker. Camping, keeps you in the dungeon longer, carrying more, giving more of a chance to get PK with higher loot on you. My take anyways.

With skills at 80 giving you extra benefits (like tracking/forensics, give you hamstring with wrestle, as well as extra damage), it's almost worth it to try to squeeze more into the template. I personally run a 720 build, with 4 skills at 80. 100 Magery, Wrestle, Spirit Speak, 90 Med, Resist, 80 Eval, Tracking, Forensics is something I'd mess around with personally, you lose a nominal amount of damage at 80 eval, however gain it back with the 20% dmg you stack from Tracking/Forensics, you can also passively track reds, so you know when to bounce if farming, and gain extra damage against mobs.

I personally run scribe, and no resist on my summoner, for the extra damage off casting, and longer buffs, but if I run into a mage, I just boot it out, while he's casting on my magic reflect shield, but I'll stick around to fight a dexxer.

The thing is, if you are going to make a PvM character, I don't see any reason at all, why you wouldn't take forensics for the extra leather you'll gather, because it's a valuable commodity, and makes your farming more worthwhile, getting you out of the dungeons quicker. Camping, keeps you in the dungeon longer, carrying more, giving more of a chance to get PK with higher loot on you. My take anyways.

With skills at 80 giving you extra benefits (like tracking/forensics, give you hamstring with wrestle, as well as extra damage), it's almost worth it to try to squeeze more into the template. I personally run a 720 build, with 4 skills at 80. 100 Magery, Wrestle, Spirit Speak, 90 Med, Resist, 80 Eval, Tracking, Forensics is something I'd mess around with personally, you lose a nominal amount of damage at 80 eval, however gain it back with the 20% dmg you stack from Tracking/Forensics, you can also passively track reds, so you know when to bounce if farming, and gain extra damage against mobs.

I personally run scribe, and no resist on my summoner, for the extra damage off casting, and longer buffs, but if I run into a mage, I just boot it out, while he's casting on my magic reflect shield, but I'll stick around to fight a dexxer.
Can you Pvp with this build? How about replacing Poisoning with Forensics to gain more advantage againts players?

Can you Pvp with this build? How about replacing Poisoning with Forensics to gain more advantage againts players?
I would PvP with the build, you have wrestle & resist, and the Tracking + Forensics gives you an additional 16% damage, though you are losing about 7.5% damage with the 80 Eval. You only need one of Tracking or Forensics for hamstring with wrestling, so sure you could change one of those into Poisoning for extra utility, at 80 Poisoning, it's only a 16% chance to Deadly Poison, I run that on my roach it's meaningful, can only get to 20% at GM. My thought though with DP is more that if you are going to use it as a means to PvP, it's a wear and tear type build, you really need to be able to hold up against whoever is attacking you, so you want to have some defensive capabilities too like Parry or Healing...

To be honest though I PvP with my own current summoner build, which is scribe/forensics & no resist... Though i wouldn't recommend that.