What's new

Question Detect Hidden

Luthius

Developer
Staff member
Mostly because of how AI works here and a number of factors related to dungeons; the concern was that 95% of the usage would be for griefing if it didnt reveal yourself when doing it (players luring monsters, hiding and/or casting invis, and the revealing anyone around them to lure monsters on them to kill them)

Mostly because of how AI works here and a number of factors related to dungeons; the concern was that 95% of the usage would be for griefing if it didnt reveal yourself when doing it (players luring monsters, hiding and/or casting invis, and the revealing anyone around them to lure monsters on them to kill them)
Hate to break it to you, but greifing is rampant here without that. Luring monsters then hiding (many builds don't contain hiding or don't have magery), wall of stone, I will think of more later I'm sure. I don't see how Detect would promote greifing other than the specific tactic you noted. I would like to reveal the guy luring shit before the timer on him expires from invis or hide. Can't cast reveal fast enough, detect could be anti-greif.