What's new

Question for Tamers.

I've decided to convert my now unused noob peace dexer to a tamer since I've never made one before. I'm trying to decide which is the million+ gold investment to go for first. Command aspect or 120/120? I'm tempted to go 120/120 first because I want to convert him to a mage but don't want to drop peace until I'm done taming. That's the only reasoning I have at the moment. Just wondering what's the better bang for buck?

I'd personally go for the 120/120 first. Your pets are what make you money, not the suit. And its easier to level the suit with a blood dragon/blood worm than it is with a dragon/drake.

What kind of final build are you looking to do?

If it was few months ago I would without a doubt say 105 taming than command. But now command prices are already so inflated, it is hard to say if they'll increase further. If they are likely to stay the same, then strong pets may be a better investment. Though after eldritch+arbo, only phoenix is a damage upgrade probably, and I don't think by much.

I'm not a tamer, and I also don't look at gold income as the ultimate goal - though of course that's going to be what gets you to your end goal faster. For me, if I wasn't gaining XP in some fashion while hunting/farming, I'm probably not going to be all that motivated to do it.. This is also why with knowing hte costs, I won't even bother with a tamer.

But ultimately I'd get into my aspect, so I could continually gain, while getting gold to level up taming for new pets.

What kind of final build are you looking to do?
He'll be GM once I'm done with the last stint of passives and my temporary build is:

100 Music
100 Peace
100 Taming
100 Lore
100 Mace
100 Tact
80 Vet
20 Healing

I'll just drop Tactics as I push to 120/120. At 120 I'm going to convert him to a mage. I also rather be able to PvP than get max $$ so:

120 Taming
120 Lore
100 Mage
80 Eval
100 Med
100 Wrestle
80 Resist

As I get skill balls I'll push Eval to 100.

At GM taming I'm thinking of trying Wisp, Shade Wolf, Aegis Scorpion. Going to start right off with buying 3 taming scrolls so I don't waste the gains as I tame those things.

Last edited:
Pretty good setup so far. I think 100 eval and 80 med would be a better bang for your buck since your heals would increase and damage as well. With some 120 food or even a purple spellbook with potency you shouldn't miss those 20 points in med.

Pretty good setup so far. I think 100 eval and 80 med would be a better bang for your buck since your heals would increase and damage as well. With some 120 food or even a purple spellbook with potency you shouldn't miss those 20 points in med.
I just hate failing med and having to wait for the timer to try again.

Don't burn your mana to empty before meditating, basically throw a couple spells out, then med, if you fail, throw a couple more... Only real way to mitigate the feeling of being out of mana and failing med :)
On my pvp slug tamer when I'm PvEing I med at 50% because I always want some mana for when PvP happens. I'd probably play the same way on this guy. I suppose I could just med after every spell.

I'm thinking of converting to mage earlier now because of the Arboreal Wisp/Eldritch Drake combo (and I hate being useless in PvP). It seems like 105/105 is a good stopping point to farm. I'm just worried about gimping my ability to push to 120 with no Vet or Peacemaking..

Last edited: