What's new

Questions about weapon skills (especially Mace Fighting)

Hello everyone,

I'm a big noob at Ultima Online (just played a bit when i was a kid), and i started to play on his shard as it seems pretty cool & active :)

I'm trying to understand some mechanisms to optimize my builds ...

In your Wiki, on Mace Fighting you says there is a 10% chance to inflict a "Macing Weapon Special Attack" which increase damage to 50% :

• There is no informations about the impact of, let's say, having 1-100 skills points into this skill ? (why would i spend 100 points into then ? :p)
  • What exactly is this "Macing Weapon Special Attack" ? Will it be effective no matter which Mace weapons i use ?
  • Is this something that replaces or is added to the 2 special moves my weapon could offer (as i saw on this wiki)
  • If the 2 special moves "exist" on this shard : then spending 90 points should be enough for me to enable the 2 special moves ?

Here is my "idealistic" Build i planed until now (720 skills points with War Hammers as weapon) :

Tactics = 120
Mining = 120
Blacksmith = 120
Mace Fighting = 90
Camping = 100
Anatomy = 80
Healing = 90

I'm trying to optimize damage, but i'm probably wrong tell me what do you think ;)

Thanks !

Kilgu

Legendary
  • There is no informations about the impact of, let's say, having 1-100 skills points into this skill ? (why would i spend 100 points into then ? :p)
    Your skill determines the hit chance. Higher macing means you'll miss less.
  • What exactly is this "Macing Weapon Special Attack" ? Will it be effective no matter which Mace weapons i use ?
    Yes, this applies to staves, clubs, maces, war hammers, etc. Anything that uses the macing skill
  • Is this something that replaces or is added to the 2 special moves my weapon could offer (as i saw on this wiki)
    There are no special moves as they exist on production servers. The mace special weapon procs randomly and the chance is increased by Arms Lore.
    Macing does however have a built-in "special" as it drains more stamina per hit than swords or fencing.
  • If the 2 special moves "exist" on this shard : then spending 90 points should be enough for me to enable the 2 special moves ?
    See above.

Here are some thoughts on your template
Tactics = 120 100 (Tactics can only go up to 100 but you get a tactics bonus from using colored weapons and aspect gear with a theoretical maximum of 143 tactics)
Mining = 120 (Getting to 100 mining is pretty easy, but passed that you need to mine up colored ore in order to gain making it a very long journey)
Blacksmith = 120 (120 blacksmithy will take approximately 600k ingots)
Mace Fighting = 90 (I would bump this up to 100)
Camping = 100 (OK )
Anatomy = 80 (For more damage I'd take this to GM)
Healing = 90 (You can get away with 80 healing without losing too much health per bandage)

50 mining and black smith can be handy early on. then get tracking to 100 (like having 2 gm skills) in a day by activating tracking (switch it to reds them enable it) you can detect reds and still get pvm/pvp damage bonuses