What's new

Resisting Spells Skill Scrolls for PvM only

I am playing a warrior with parry and resisting spells. It is pretty durable and fun to play. However there is not much progression in this template and I literally don't partake in in-game trade because there is nothing I can really buy. Only adjustment I can make (like most people would suggest) taking some points from anat/heal/armslore (which makes sense, I am not denying) and gaining some camping/forensic/tracking/etc for more damage. This causes two problems:

1) Every dedicated warrior type becomes more or less the same with different skill names.

2)This is not the warrior type I was enjoying until I hit the skill cap for those skills.

So a more resillient warrior is only available in a basic form and to some extent and is the only template that is fragile to magic damage. Even if I drink greater magic resistance potion for some mobs, that summoners and tamers don't have any problem with, it is only matter of a misplay or distraction to see the screen all grey. If they run out of HP pool they are risking in a fight, they can just bolt it. Don't get me wrong, I like this risky gameplay but I would also enjoy having some room for progression in my template.

Also it will an item of an existing type that people are familiar with so it can be a new excitement element for players who are farming dungeons for already a long time.

Take a look at some aspect armor.
Earth Aspect armor for instance has a chance to increase your damage by 100% and increases your armor level
Eldritch Aspect armor has a chance to reduce spell damage
Void Aspect has a chance to fully nullify melee or spell damage
Water Aspect would increase your heal pot's effectiveness and has a pretty nice chance to not use up the potion.

https://uooutlands.com/wiki/index.php?title=Aspect_Gear

I got it that much but how is gearing a solution to a template/skill build issue? On the other hand musicianship variants have skill scrolls and an aspect gear so two things aren't really mutual exclusive.

I believe the current design model is compelling not to add any scrolls for skills used in PvP but a better PvM template library can be achieved by disabling the benefit of those skills for above 100 in PvP if possible.

You could throw alchemy on that build, Get 10 minute pot timers, so you could always have STR,DEX and Resist on. Also would give you hard hitting exp pots. With constant 200 resist and parry you could handle almost anything.

With the bonus to pots as well you could move Tactics/Anatomy/Healing down a bit and throw 100 Poisoning on your build as well.

Run maybe 60 Anatomy 50 Healing 90 Tactics.

Last edited:
I run a tank build with 80 parry, 80 resist, 80 healing, 0 anatomy, and have zero issues at all with spell casters - obviously not being daft, and taking on 3-4 at a time. No problems killing daemons with the build, using mr, cure, and heal pots when needed... 10 second bandages, plus potions as a backup, not really sure where the issue is.. Certainly don't see a need for 120 resist..

Question: What is the possible outcome of implementing a skill scroll for Resisting Spells?

Community Answer: drink pot get poison grind some aspect gear ffs

This forum needs moderation. You know where you can find me if I am needed on theorycrafting. I am done with this section.

Question: What is the possible outcome of implementing a skill scroll for Resisting Spells?

Community Answer: drink pot get poison grind some aspect gear ffs

This forum needs moderation. You know where you can find me if I am needed on theorycrafting. I am done with this section.
That was the theme of your thread but the content of your thread went into your perceived lack options to a warrior build.

To which you were given a lot of good options.

But you seem to have tunnel vision on your +20 resist in pvm only idea. This will only give you +5% to your reduction.

Seeing as you made this statement "Even if I drink greater magic resistance potion for some mobs, that summoners and tamers don't have any problem with, it is only matter of a misplay or distraction to see the screen all grey. " If 100 to MR skill is you helping you how will +20 make the difference?

I am playing a warrior with parry and resisting spells. It is pretty durable and fun to play. However there is not much progression in this template and I literally don't partake in in-game trade because there is nothing I can really buy. Only adjustment I can make (like most people would suggest) taking some points from anat/heal/armslore (which makes sense, I am not denying) and gaining some camping/forensic/tracking/etc for more damage. This causes two problems:

1) Every dedicated warrior type becomes more or less the same with different skill names.

2)This is not the warrior type I was enjoying until I hit the skill cap for those skills.

So a more resillient warrior is only available in a basic form and to some extent and is the only template that is fragile to magic damage. Even if I drink greater magic resistance potion for some mobs, that summoners and tamers don't have any problem with, it is only matter of a misplay or distraction to see the screen all grey. If they run out of HP pool they are risking in a fight, they can just bolt it. Don't get me wrong, I like this risky gameplay but I would also enjoy having some room for progression in my template.

Also it will an item of an existing type that people are familiar with so it can be a new excitement element for players who are farming dungeons for already a long time.
I mean you can get 120 arms lore but we're talking 300k for 2% special weapon hit chance. My farm char is similar to yours but I have camping at 120 over parrying. Its pretty expensive but at a certain point the 5% extra damage and carry weight becomes worth it.

I guess it would be a nice option to get 120 parry, it's not like I see anyone using a shield on the field anyways.