What's new

Resurrection Fees Paid as Bounty

I was wondering if this idea has been discussed. I know bounties were discussed and was an awful system because it basically became free money for the pk because they would just have a friend kill them for the reward. However, since resurrection fees are already being paid and generated from the pks bank account, how about this money goes to the person that landed the killing blow. When the character resurrects his money is transferred to their bank account rather than going into the system and disappearing. Then maybe institute an achievement system that grants the title Bounty Hunter.

This would make red hunting viable as a gold earning system. Just an idea.

What about giving the PK's victims a gold reward when the PK dies? That way you have to have been killed by the PK to get part of the reward instead of just the one that killed them. PK's Res Fee / # of Victims and then distributed to each victim's bank account with a system message alerting them of this. I mean, the reward each time would be mostly minor but it'd be a nice way of showing justice was served and returning a little currency to those who got looted.

How about the bounty system, but the booty gets returned to the person who placed it, like a afk miner puts $100 on Caitlyn, then they get that $100 back when the heads redeemed.

How would you combat the abuse? *plays devil's advocate* I mean if this system you suggested was in I'd simply kill myself from another account and recoup my res fees.

Not much stopping that I guess, at least they would need the res fees upfront for each character, plus would incentivize pk hunting parties if the bounty hunters got a percentage of each kill or something? I'm just spitballing here but I'm sure there is some tangible ideas there somewhere.

Actually my original idea had nothing to do with those killed getting their money back lol. Mine was making red hunting gold earning.

How can it be abused when the pk himself has to pay the fees? The game generates no money am I correct? The old bounty system from the real game did get abused because the person who was killed placed the bounty and then the pk would just have a friend kill him for the reward.

How can it be abused when the pk himself has to pay the fees? The game generates no money am I correct? The old bounty system from the real game did get abused because the person who was killed placed the bounty and then the pk would just have a friend kill him for the reward.
Because currently the transaction is a net gold sink, where if it was 100%, the PK would kill himself from another account, so the gold wouldn't be lost out of the system. I'd love to see a way to reward players for killing PK's, the problem always goes back to - the PK will just kill himself.

Ok I've tried to read up more on the murder system to see where the benefit is from being killed by a friend. I see if you die you can then repent. I can see having a friend do this can allow you to recoup your losses. How about instead of allowing someone to repent on a death just allow someone to repent and pay their resurrection fee. This fee becomes a gold sink for the game and goes to no one.

With that in mind, other than the reduction of murder counts from dying, I see no gain having a friend kill you to grab the bounty on the resurrection fees. You are simply transferring the money from their account to yours. If you are truly a friend you will just give it back. No one has gained anything because the game does not generate a reward. By giving 100% of the resurrection fee to the one who gave the killing blow not become a bounty system? I realize there is a complex system put into place for reducing murder counts from deaths. That could be abused. I would think this system could be altered somewhat to accommodate a bounty system. Maybe I'm still missing something. I just think a true bounty system would be a nice improvement on the server complete with bounty boards to tell everyone who gives the most reward.

After reading other people's opinions on the internet i have come to the firm conclusion that we need a strong totalitarian government, because people are honestly just too stupid to grasp logic and/or care for themselves.

If you remove long/short term murder counts and just track murder counts only allowing them to be reduced by repenting would the system not work? At 25 gp per murder count if a player murders 100 then their fee is 2500 gp every time they are killed and resurrected. That fee becomes a bounty payable to anyone who kills them from their own account until which time they pay that fee to repent and lose all murder counts. If one of your buddies kills you they gain nothing from it as the only money generated is from the murderers own account.

you're missing the point.
Example: I have 10k bounty. You kill me, I pay 10k, you get it and cream in your panties. I cry. OR. My friend kills me, He gets my 10k, gives it back to me, I cream in MY panties. I cry. I lose nothing by killing myself, just resetting the fee.

You missed then point the fee only resets when you repent. Your murder count persists until that point with the fee intact no matter how many times you die.