What's new

Roleplaying Communities

Owyn

Administrator
Staff member
Hello roleplayers! 

Roleplayers have always played a special part in the Ultima Online character sphere. They form the backbone of world progression and storyline arcs and inspire people to play the game in new and unique ways. It is one of our goals as a shard to promote and encourage roleplayers to find their place in our world.  The joy of Outlands is that we have endless customisation available to us, in terms of settings and locations.

With over 100 existing points of interest on the map you will most likely find something that suits your characters and your own story arcs.  

That said!   I wanted to touch base with the role-playing community to see if you have any particular requests for enclaves, settings, locations, event sites etc that would help further your story or make sense within your realm.  These requests can come now or later.  As the shard develops and your communities grow, there is flexibility within the development to accommodate your requests.  (short of anything that gives you an unfair gameplay advantage over the rest of the population.)

Please don't hesitate to reach out with your ideas, either here or on Discord. 

Thank you!
Owen

Will we be able to purchase or own buildings in towns? Or parts of buildings? For example, the cellar underneath the southern tavern in Horseshoe Bay?

I have explored a little bit the Outpost, and it reminded me a snowy island I saw on an rp shard. On that island the inhabitants were always struggling with several troll clans; it may be a good concept, for characters living in the Outpost, to have some creatures to fight for their lands.
It can also create a good opportunity for a pve/rp guild with the objective to fight those "creatures", and prevent them to pass through the tunnel and invade the mainland (something like ASoIaF Night's Watch).
I saw that the architectural style of some houses, in the northeast part of the main continent, allude to a viking background. It could be part of the "same story", with some of the norse people travelling to the island and building the Outpost, to take the land form the creatures that live there.

Will guilds who establish roleplay player cities be able to request roads/sidewalks, lamp posts, misc "flavor" stuff around their cities?

Also I think it would be cool if there were story arcs that could shape the world in some way. For example, our guild is focused on improving Cambria. It would be cool if there were events, quests, etc we could participate in that could help clean up the city/restore order. Could even make it a gamble, if we fail, the conditions in the city get worse. etc. :p

Or something more simplistic like "Invasion" style events where we defend the city from Prevalians or something would be cool too.