What's new

Schools of Magi.. Magery

I think this might be cool for some one looking to roleplay as some type of wizard. This is just an attempt to place the magery spells into the 8 spell schools used in D&D. I tried my best to recall the different spells I knew of in D&D 2.5 that were most similar to the magery spells in UO to categorize them. Maybe some one will have fun with this. I'll try to give them all descriptors eventually and fit them into domains for those who may want to try and roleplay as some type of cleric.

Abjuration

Abjurations are protective spells. They create physical or magical barriers, negate magical or physical abilities, harm trespassers, or even banish the subject of the spell to another plane of existence.

Reactive Armor, Magic Trap, Protection, Magic Lock, Arch Protection, Dispel Field, Magic Reflection, Dispel, Mass Dispel.

Conjuration

Conjuration spells involve the transportation of objects and creatures from one location to another. Some spells summon creatures or objects to the caster’s side, whereas others allow the caster to teleport to another location. Some conjurations create objects or effects out of nothing.

Create Food, Heal, Cure, Teleport, Wall of Stone, Arch Cure, Greater Heal, Lightning, Recall, Blade Spirits, Summon Creature, Mark, Gate Travel, Meteor Swarm, Energy Vortex, Resurrection, Summon Daemon, Summon Air Elemental, Summon Earth Elemental, Summon Fire Elemental, Summon Water Elemental.

Divination

Divination spells enable you to learn secrets long forgotten, to predict the future, to find hidden things, and to foil deceptive spells.

Reveal.

Enchantment

Enchantment spells affect the minds of others, influencing or controlling their behavior.

Paralyze, Paralyze Field.

Evocation

Evocation spells manipulate energy or tap an unseen source of power to produce a desired end. In effect, they create something out of nothing. Many of these spells produce spectacular effects, and evocation spells can deal large amounts of damage.

Magic Arrow, Fireball, Fire Field, Energy Bolt, Explosion, Chain Lightning, Energy Field, Flamestrike, Earthquake.

Illusion

Illusion spells deceive the senses or minds of others. They cause people to see things that are not there, not see things that are there, hear phantom noises, or remember things that never happened.

Incognito, Invisibility.

Necromancy

Necromancy spells manipulate the power of death, unlife, and the life force.

Harm, Poison, Curse, Mana Drain, Mind Blast, Poison Field, Mass Curse, Mana Vampire.

Transmutation

Transmutation spells change the properties of some creature, thing, or condition.

Clumsy, Feeblemind, Night Sight, Weaken, Agility, Cunning, Remove Trap, Strength, Bless, Telekinesis, Unlock, Polymorph.

Last edited: