What's new

Should banned players houses fall to IDOC or be removed by GM?

I have an issue with an IDOC I got this morning. It had 200 marked runes to mining places, and roughly 80k in ingots. So 45 days ago, someone was able to get this, and was most likely banned because he was afk gathering. I feel that if the GMs take action on someone they suspect of breaking the rules, their houses should be removed as well. They were banned to stop someone from hurting the economy, but this small house is just the tip of the ice berg. People will begin gathering much more resources, and all is fine, as long as its legally done.

Yes this is speculation, maybe he just quit, but it still seems fishy to me, and makes me think that maybe this is worth addressing before it starts happening on a much larger scale. I assume as well that GMs are not currently removing houses of people they banned. Should these two things go hand in hand? or should we be allowed their spoils that they acquired illegally?

Please discuss and vote. Thanks.

A banned account house should be locked and unable to be refreshed, then there is no reason for manual manipulation by the gods...

This also gives the banned player 30 days or whichever to appeal his ban.

To be fair a person's resources are trivial if they've been cheating in the harvesting of said resources, they could easily have been moved to other accounts or already sold...

If it's full of resources obtained afk, they should definitely be confiscated. Then just idoc the house. I'm excited for the idoc scene here

A banned account house should be locked and unable to be refreshed, then there is no reason for manual manipulation by the gods...

This also gives the banned player 30 days or whichever to appeal his ban.

To be fair a person's resources are trivial if they've been cheating in the harvesting of said resources, they could easily have been moved to other accounts or already sold...
Agreed on this except the notion that the resources yielded are trivial. There ought to be a kind of journaling/logging system server-side for administrators so that they can view what resources are 'illegally' yielded.
Then again, the captcha ought to be sufficient in these dealings.

Agreed on this except the notion that the resources yielded are trivial. There ought to be a kind of journaling/logging system server-side for administrators so that they can view what resources are 'illegally' yielded.
Then again, the captcha ought to be sufficient in these dealings.
The resources that have not been cycled in, are trivial in my eyes, they do have to be deleted, so when an idoc falls they don't also get back into the economy, but they are minor compared to the damage that has likely already been done is all I was meaning.

In regards to logging, are you meaning just what he's gathered life time? (they capture this) In order to assign a value to the damage, so you can determine how much of his life you are deleting in game? I mean who cares how much if you are banning him... Otherwise, it's insane to think that logging really has a benefit, are you giong to log transactions of resources to other players, what kind of a bread crumb trail are you going to follow, who gets impacted? If a person illegally mines 50k iron ore, and sells it to a vendor on the cheap, and then turns that gold he gained into other assets, which he then moves around the economy, are you going to track all of those assets, and delete all of them? The additional iron that's made it to the market, I mean the buyer is innocent in this, so you can't punish them, but it's offset the balance of the economy... plus, he's a vendor he may have moved that 50k iron to 50 different users...

The resources that have not been cycled in, are trivial in my eyes, they do have to be deleted, so when an idoc falls they don't also get back into the economy, but they are minor compared to the damage that has likely already been done is all I was meaning.
That just dilutes the economy of it, otherwise there's not really much relatable to the account itself.

The rest of your reply I don't know what you are saying.

I ramble alot - really I'm asking, what's the point of logging system server side what a person has gathered, what exactly are you getting from this information that you can action?