What's new

Small game window, need HALP :) >>> Solved.

Panik8

Journeyman
The best you can do is resize it to 1100x720 in the steam launcher, afaik.

Other than that, you'd have to lower your screen's resolution so the game "looks" bigger, but in the end, you won't see more.

In the launcher there is a a menu where you can choose the resolutions for both uosteam and razor. Unless you want to choose a manual resolution, I would suggest to use the launcher. I have mine set to 1280x800 (on a 1080p monitor) and it's sized appropriately. @Panik8 I'm not sure where you are getting your information. I've been playing with the resolutions and you definitely get a better view with a larger resolution. You should try it out using the launcher. I've done 1920x1080 and it got to the point where it stopped rendering and there was nothing but black borders on the left and right sides of the screen. So it does render quite a good amount of space.

EDIT: You can see the differences in these two screenshots
800x600
1280x800

Last edited:

Panik8

Journeyman
@Panik8 I'm not sure where you are getting your information. I've been playing with the resolutions and you definitely get a better view with a larger resolution.
I think you misunderstood my comment.

I was talking about lowering the screen's resolution to have less black border, that doesn't change the game window's size (as far as the game window's pixel count is concerned).

ie.: If you turn your screen resolution down (let's say from 1920x1080 down to 1280x720, while using the same in-game window size of 1100x720, the amount of black border will be smaller using a lower screen resolution, while the "pixels/inch" (ppi) ratio will be lower, making "pixels" bigger.

You seem to be confusing "window size" and "screen resolution".

I just saw this Thread and commenced working on what size i should play etc.....
FYI what i found out by tweaking the forced resolution.
I basically placed items on the floor and stopped adjusting until i saw the items on four sides.
Original Size.png
Custom Size 1280 x 980.png

If someone is having a problem getting their desired forced screen size when using Razor, open the UO Outlands launcher... go to the configuration in the top right, and uncheck the auto-update for the razor client in the list below. Once you have done this, then uninstall and delete all your razor backups in the razor folder or the folder title razor in your UO Outlands folder. Don't worry as this will not delete your razor profiles or macros created because these are stored in another location. Now install a brand new updated razor client from https://www.uorazor.com/ . Make sure you have deleted the backup razor file in UO Outlands folder before you install the new razor client. Now when you launch the UO Outlands launcher, it will not auto-update razor and your client configurations for forced screen size WILL work!! You're welcome. :D