What's new

stealth dismount chance

After a few theives on horse just run around you, kind of would he nice of stealth had a chance (similar to disarm or hamgstring) to dismount if hidden/stealthed.

thanks!

Last edited:
Fine...new Fencing mechanic. Dismount when wielding long spear/pitchfork. 30 second cooldown. Don't tie it in with the same skills needed for disarm or hamstring. That would be just too much of a burst from a dexxer
images.jpg

Attachments

I don't want to be the one to say that dismounts promote ganks / griefing - so let's go with, I'd definitely be a fan if it was in the consensual factions system, and would even have more meaning once factions have more meaning..

If i cant stealth on a horse why can u sneak and pickpocket which as a horse back rider would be impossible? maybe that is more appropriate (have to be on foot). half the players i run into are just thieves on ostards and run around dragging spawn lol

If i cant stealth on a horse why can u sneak and pickpocket which as a horse back rider would be impossible? maybe that is more appropriate (have to be on foot). half the players i run into are just thieves on ostards and run around dragging spawn lol
I'm not sure I understand how anyone in broad daylight could hide one tile away from me, in the middle of a street, with nothing to hide behind... But at some point we need to suspend our disbelieve and understand mechanics are made in order for a game to be fun.

With that said - stealthing would be too powerful if you could do it on a mount, and I'm not sure I understand the sneak and steal, I mean the hiding part is unrelated to the fact that you can ride up beside someone, and deftly dip into their saddlebags, or backpack and steal their stuff.

i feel stealth doesnt make sense on a horse (wife is a horse junky and i own a horse goodluck getting one to be quiet)

it would also be impossible to "hold my beer while i just lean over and sneak u quick and go through ur shit" while on a horse. u would end up kicked in the head or your horse would be kicked lol.

Rydia

Journeyman
yes would be nice. instead of thieves stealing from me on horseback which as a horse owner ... not possible (similar to houses running on stairs).

:):)

Well I can agree that houses definitely shouldn't be able to run up stairs, but as a real life horse-back thief, I can tell you that equine pickpocketry is not only possible, but is a skill with a long and cultured history. It's all well documented.