What's new

Stealth - Needs an overhaul?

Hi there,
This is my first post however, Stealth has always been limited as a skill in its uptake. It would be great to see a major overhaul of skill to make it more usable in PVP and PVM - by adding more distance / short cool-down and damage affects. This could really make a big change in play styles.

It could be taken further by using poisoned weapons, ranged weapons and first hit damage over whilst undetected over time.

Stealth
  • Players gain (5 + (10 * (Stealth Skill / 100))) stealth steps per Stealth activation
  • A player will leave footprints behind when using their last 5 steps
  • If a player has "Auto-Stealth" turned on (which is on by default), players will automatically make a Stealth activation when moving while Hidden

Backstabbing
  • A player who is currently hidden can make a Backstab attack against creatures in their weapon range
  • The player must be hidden through use of the Hiding skill (and not Invisibility spell) and have activated stealth at least once since becoming hidden in order to be able to make a backstab attack
  • Players must have at least 80 Stealth skill to make Backstab attacks
  • A player's accuracy when making backstab attacks is +25%
  • Players have a +25% chance to to inflict poison from a weapon when making backstab attacks
  • Players have a +25% chance to perform a Weapon Special Attack when making backstab attacks
  • If a Weapon Special Attack occurs while making a Backstab attack, and the effect has a duration (such as for Fencing and Macing), the effect will last for the maximum duration possible (i.e. treated as being made with a very slow weapon)
  • Damage bonus for Backstab attack ranges from +450% to +1000%, scaled based on weapon speed
  • Backstab damage is further scaled by (Stealth Skill / 100%)
  • Players attacking other players from stealth will make the same backstab sound effect, but they will receive no bonuses to the attack

• Damage bonus for Backstab attack ranges from +450% to +1000%, scaled based on weapon speed
The halberd hits from stealth are going to be insane, but I feel DPS would still be lower than straight up fighting unless you 1-shot the mob

Last edited:
Current Stealth state is absolutely unusefull. You need to wait 10 seconds before you will be ready for stealthing after getting hidden.
So you can't hide-n-walkout in pvp. Every smart player reveal you at the moment if he saw you last visible location.

yes, stealth can be used to initiate pvp. Mainly to stealth up to someone who is redlined and shoot them with a heavy xbow, but shouldn't be useful afterwards.

To echo Znurruk, stealth was never a group activity.

That said... it would actually be kind of handy if guild mates could see other guild mates that are stealthing or hidden (albeit they are greyed out). That way we could actually organize when we are stealthing... imagine, a stealth parade!

Seriously though, that would be a welcome addition. Perhaps even with a toggle in the options menu or something "guildmembers can see me in stealth mode" that can be toggled on or off.

That said... it would actually be kind of handy if guild mates could see other guild mates that are stealthing or hidden (albeit they are greyed out). That way we could actually organize when we are stealthing... imagine, a stealth parade!

Seriously though, that would be a welcome addition. Perhaps even with a toggle in the options menu or something "guildmembers can see me in stealth mode" that can be toggled on or off.
This. I can't see why this wouldn't be implemented. It's a great idea and could lead to new forms of roleplaying.

If by "rolepkaying" you mean "group gangbang PK raids", then sure.

We don't need to incentivize near- naked hally/xbow stealth squads to be able to coordinate more easily than they already can.

You wanna do it put in the extra effort.

it doesnt make sense to see invisible hidden people because you are invisible. possibly makes more sense if 120 detect hidden so it does not become op like some servers (there are posts or discord on this since people uber gang bang)

my suggestion:
pvm:
- in pvm 100% special proc
- 50% chance to stun creature (until hit) 5 seconds (offset hide cost)
-50% increase poison chance

pvp:
+25% poison and weapon special

pvp and pvm:
similar to bard, allow stealth 5 seconds after hiding (or half whatever it currently is)

- increase cast time of reveal by 1 second
- encourage skill diversity to use detect hidden

I feel that the skill should be more useful. Such as: being able to activate stealth much sooner after hiding and being able to reactivate stealth much sooner after stealthing. I feel in it's current form the only people you're going to be able to [backstab are AFKers as it currently takes 30+ seconds to cover 20 steps...

I would like to see stealth be usable immediately after hiding and for it to be reusable every 10 steps (as in remaining in stealth until the below list happens or you type in game or fail skill check).
I don't believe it to be op because:
1) running into another creature/player reveals you
2) after 5 steps, your footprints show your location
3) Wis Quas and detect hidden reveal an area and not a specific location
4)
One aimed Purple potion breaks down all stealth benefits.
5) you are revealed after failing a skill check (checked every 10 steps) or over-encumbered by armor you are wearing

Just my thoughts

I disagree with being able to see hidden guild mates. I would agree if you limit it to only being able to see hidden party members.

Last edited:
i think its great the way it is. dealing with a thief last night was dumb. We killed it once, but it res and came back. stole from us then had the gold stash in alt toons pack. So unless i want a murder count my gold is gone. there was no real way to deal with it other then move on to another dungeon. if stealth was change to be better in pvp or pvm it would make going into a dungeon useless @ least with the "solo work all the time person". i am a Peace bard thief at heart i use every skill and even when i get killed its fun. Best thing to do is Area Peace mobs hide. Then stealth away. still working on my thief for this server so dont know if works this way here or not.

No it is pretty stupid as it is. A mage should not be able to reveal someone who invested 200 skill points to stay hidden like it is nothing. That is just bad design.