What's new

Summoners? trigger warning

Heres an unpopular opinion i think summons need a buff tamers are sooo much better its almost sad the eles have no use i think it would be cool to have them be viable some how i love the summon side of the game and how they made it a brand new class but its kinda useless compared to tamers tank wise damage wise just all around worse even dexxers tank and do more dps i dont think such a cool part of this shard should be left out so what are some ideas that could make summons more beefy without making them op

Summoner enhancements were announced as something in the pipeline, your a great friend areyoukidden but 3 months at 94.1 magery is all you ;)
I main my summoner, that 94.1 is through casting / game play - granted I don't hunt every night, but it's slow going - the reality is there are not circle 8 spells you cast over and over again other than summon daemon/elemental, and you do that ever 5-7 minutes...

Yes, I could have macro'd the skills to GM in 2 days like I did on my PvP'rs - but it's my first character - the goal was to play/level organically, not game the system :) Some of us still believe in active gamplay! :cool:

I main my summoner, that 94.1 is through casting / game play - granted I don't hunt every night, but it's slow going - the reality is there are not circle 8 spells you cast over and over again other than summon daemon/elemental, and you do that ever 5-7 minutes...

Yes, I could have macro'd the skills to GM in 2 days like I did on my PvP'rs - but it's my first character - the goal was to play/level organically, not game the system :) Some of us still believe in active gamplay! :cool:
This is how I've been leveling my summoner as well, considering its my first and only character besides a scroll maker, I feel like it has actually been a really fun way to start out on this shard. I just now hit 80 magery, so it wont be long before I'm doing circle 8 summons and I'm pretty pumped about that. I've loved the progression of the character, can really feel him getting stronger with every play session, granted this has nothing to do with OP, except to say that I can see how leveling magery organically will take me quite a while.

I think 120 spirit speak deff needs a buff, it's currently not really worth it. The scrolls go for like 10k and you need 20 of them, 200k investment should yield better results.

I think 120 spirit speak deff needs a buff, it's currently not really worth it. The scrolls go for like 10k and you need 20 of them, 200k investment should yield better results.
All skills are linear - 120 is a 20% buff over 100 which is 20% better than 80 and so on.. That's where you need to look and decide if the extra 20 is worth it to you.. Long term, that 200k could be farmed back plenty times over.. You could also get additional damage/efficiency out of other cheaper skills..

I was originally feeling that daemons were the only viable summon. I summoned each type from my spellbook - air, fire, earth, water, and a daemon. I was pleasantly surprised to see that for the most part their stats are all the same. I did notice, though, that the water elementals resist is twice as high as any other summon which has made him perfect for spell casting mobs. Same for the earth elementals armor. I'd suggest targeting your summon type based on what you are fighting to see if your results improve.

I personally use water eles and earth ele's almost exclusively, get so tired of looking at the Daemons - would love to see fires & air's be given something keen to them.

Best I could tell fire elementals, daemons, and air elementals all had the same stats. Water elementals had double the resist, and earth elementals had double the armor value and health. All other stats were the same across the board.