What's new

Template Talk

I'll be the voice on your other shoulder Dan.

If you're going to go poison,might as well do it right and go taste ID for the damage boost in PvM.. even though it can be countered in PvP with pots.

Taste ID also lets you farm faster by being able to caste more spells faster due to the mana regen.

If you drop taste id, might as well drop poisoning too imo. And go a diff route altogether

One thing I have been considering is a poisoning mage, who drops wrestling/tactics fo poisoning/taste id with a melee weapon instead.

For that increased super poison chance.

I'll be the voice on your other shoulder Dan.

If you're going to go poison,might as well do it right and go taste ID for the damage boost in PvM.. even though it can be countered in PvP with pots.

Taste ID also lets you farm faster by being able to caste more spells faster due to the mana regen.

If you drop taste id, might as well drop poisoning too imo. And go a diff route altogether

One thing I have been considering is a poisoning mage, who drops wrestling/tactics fo poisoning/taste id with a melee weapon instead.

For that increased super poison chance.

I agree for PvM it has valid uses for mana regen with delectable food - he mentioned fighting people so I wasn't considering it in that case.

The extra mana regen from extra Taste Id is extremely trivial, even with food from a legendary cook.

The best food gives you an extra mana point every 6 seconds, 25% of the time. With GM Taste ID you'd be getting 1 extra mana every 6 seconds 37.5% of the time. You probably wouldn't even notice a difference.

The extra mana regen from extra Taste Id is extremely trivial, even with food from a legendary cook.

The best food gives you an extra mana point every 6 seconds, 25% of the time. With GM Taste ID you'd be getting 1 extra mana every 6 seconds 37.5% of the time. You probably wouldn't even notice a difference.
This isn't actually the case, your baseline numbers are off.
  • Maximum mana regen rate possible is 1 mana restored every 0.5 seconds
  • Minimum mana regen rate possible is 1 mana restored every 8 seconds
  • Baseline mana regen rate is 1 mana restored every 2 seconds
  • Mana regen rate is increased by (100% if player is actively meditating)
Delectable Food
100% chance to regenerate 2 Hits or 2 Stam
25% chance to regenerate 2 Mana

I use delectable foods always, having mana regen at 1 mana / second while actively meditating, being increased by 25% works out to 1.25 mana / second, which is a pretty big jump or an extra mana point every 4 seconds when actively meditating. To me delectable foods are crucial to mage gameplay, where they are only trivial to dexxer gameplay. Anytime I've not got the food satisfaction buff, I immediately notice it the moment I settle down to actively meditate.

I forgot about this thread.. Here's what I ended up focusing on:

Tamer (720) (still adjusting skills)
120 Taming Lore Herding
100 Macing Vet
80 Magery Armslore
100/92/33(3x gheal)

Bard Summoner (720)
120 Music Peace Discord
100 Mage SpiritSpeak Herding
60 Med
100/25/100

Field Dexxor (720)